Thread: Steam wrokshop

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Steam wrokshop

is it possible to unlink a workshop mod from the work shop and sue it as a pack file? or save it as a pack file for archiving?

So turns out they're just pack files in the steam workshop folder. nothing mroe nothing elss.
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; September 11, 2020 at 05:42 PM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Steam wrokshop

There's not much stopping you from doing what you want with pack files already on your system you subscribed to, provided you know where they are. The files have nothing special to them that 'bind' them to an access right, and I've accidentally made Rome 2 workshop mods mods run locally with fiddling I don't remember. I haven't checked with all titles, and how each game manages its workshop mods can differ. On Rome 2 CA has moved to saving them in a dedicated 'workshop' folder outside the game itself that is checked upon launch. Iirc you can still put them in the directory manually. I digress if someone knows more specifics. I don't make a habit of doing much with post Medieval 2 titles, and the above is from a few years back.