Thread: Wars of the Gods: Ancient Wars | Creating the Roman Empire

Default Wars of the Gods: Ancient Wars | Creating the Roman Empire

In this new TSJ Plays series, Rome looks to expand north in order to control all of Italy. Legions I and III, which are led by Emperor Lucius Libo, assault Velathri with devastating results to both Romans and the Etruscan's. Meanwhile, off the coast of Rome, an Etruscan fleet is intercepted by a green Roman fleet. With Rome safe, for now, the legions march on the rest of Etruscan held territory. The goal of this campaign is to simply conquer roughly the same area as the Roman Empire. Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars is an awesome mod that adds over 1,500 units and dozens of factions into Rome II. Enjoy the series!

Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Wars of the Gods: Ancient Wars | Creating the Roman Empire

Bravo- look forward to see your conquests.

In this TSJ Plays episode, Rome looks to destroy Syracuse. First, Legion II is sent to destroy the remaining Etruscan forces in Italy. The final Etruscan settlement at Alalia is easily taken. Then, in 268 B.C. the I, VI, and IV Legions invade the Island of Sicily and besiege the Syracusan capital. What follows is a massive beach landing by Syracuse where thousands of Romans line the beach waiting for a fight. Enjoy this awesome episode, the second battle is indeed epic!

Patrician

Zach that was a blood bath for that Naval landing force-they had no chance. I do recommend using one of the difficulty sub mod with this as the Romans are boosted in the vanilla version of the mod. I would use harder economy with the super slaughter or annihilation sub mod to balance things out a bit and play battles on very hard.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Cool AAR, and this looks like a really useful introduction to the Wars of the Gods mod. It looks like Rome is doing well so far, with a strong economy thanks to your trade agreements. It's interesting that Wars of the Gods includes the Guaranteed Major Faction Empires mod as well as the extra units, new unit cards and other features, so hopefully you'll have some decent-sized rival empires as the campaign progresses.

In this Mini TSJ Plays episode, Rome plans an invasion into North Africa to take Carthage. Just as the invasion is to begin, Athens takes Carthage and further solidifies its grip in the Mediterranean. Instead, Rome shifts its attention towards powerful Libya. With most of Rome's forces in the south, Epirus declares war on Rome and throws over 12,000 men at Brundisium. The Romans, heavily outnumbered make a valiant defense of the costal city. Be sure to watch this epic episode!

Patrician

Fantastic defense of Brundisium-You destroyed their entire Naval invasion! Move East and smash the Epirotes!-Then take Pella and Macedon. Nothing will stand in your way. Fight those battles.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Experimenting with a cavalry-only army looks like fun! Going for dominance of the seas with expanding fleets sounds smart and it looks like Rome has a great selection of units for fleets as well as armies. It looks like the Volcae, Epirus and other nations are expanding and providing a good challenge.