Thread: Engine Limits on in game instances of resources?

Icon1 Engine Limits on in game instances of resources?

Hello,

I have been running into a difficulty of running a modded campaign.

I added many of the merchant resources to create a more populated world. The problem is I have reached what seems to be a hard limit on a total instance of a resource (or overall many of them). When I start a campaign it causes an unspecified CTD. Log tracing brings nothing critical up to the crash time.

Trial and error of my descr_strat seems to indicate this, but I have no idea how to confirm this, or if it is confirmable.

Thank you

Default Re: Engine Limits on in game instances of resources?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBGhost View Post
    Hello,

I have been running into a difficulty of running a modded campaign.

I added many of the merchant resources to create a more populated world. The problem is I have reached what seems to be a hard limit on a total instance of a resource (or overall many of them). When I start a campaign it causes an unspecified CTD. Log tracing brings nothing critical up to the crash time.

Trial and error of my descr_strat seems to indicate this, but I have no idea how to confirm this, or if it is confirmable.

Thank you
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...hardcoded-list

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post

Thank you,

I must have glazed past that one trying to find a list. Thats too bad its limited to 186

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The best way to populate a map is actually to have a small map, about 200*200 can be filled reasonably well without pulling all the stops. Making the resources more visible helps as well, so does having some contrasting ground types.