Thread: Problem with my Dismounted English Knights' Texture

Default Problem with my Dismounted English Knights' Texture

Hello, I'm new to the total war community and just downloaded Stainless Steel 6.4 and Titanium, my Stainless Steel works Flawlessly so I don't need to talk about that I suppose. Now, on to the main topic, I used the create_unit cheat in campaign, I Created Chivalric Knights, English Knights and etc. I also created Dismounted English Knights and in the first days or so, their textures were working fine (I think it was in the right placement) this morning, I launched the game and my graphics settings were changed so as usual, I changed it back I went to my campaign and played for a bit until I used my captain to siege Caernarvon. He had 2 units of Dismounted English Knights. I entered the battle and after his speech, the Dismounted English Knights Texture didn't look right. I tried to look for a fix and I didn't find one atm. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Problem with my Dismounted English Knights' Texture

In Titanium we do not have a unit named "Dismounted English Knights" but we do have a unit named "Dismounted King's Men".
    I just tested them in battle and their textures work as expected.
    Can you post a screenshot?

Default Problem with my Dismounted English Knights' Texture

I think its my fault, not the game itself. I started up a custom battle, got the King's men and their textures were fine. I think it is a problem with me spawning the "Dismounted English Knights" instead of the "Dismounted King's Men"

Quote Originally Posted by DuxRal View Post
    I think its my fault, not the game itself. I started up a custom battle, got the King's men and their textures were fine. I think it is a problem with me spawning the "Dismounted English Knights" instead of the "Dismounted King's Men"
    Its actually not my fault, I called the King's Men as English Knights and I apologize for the mistake. I tried spawning the king's men through unit id and it didn't work so I assume there isn't a unit ID except for "Dismounted English Knights". I am pretty dumb I know. So here are the photos.

1. The custom battle where I got the kings men from.
    https://paste.pics/af5849a2b6d357b2f186d224aee40e67
    2.my campaign map where the kings mens' textures are bugged
    https://paste.pics/e3cb03be2e7f84ad879b5b383544e3a0
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 06, 2020 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Merged.

Well, the way I see it from the second screenshot is that the model in the second screenshot is UV mapped for one texture map but the game assigns that model a different texture map.
    I am not going to work out a fix for a model that is not part of the game's "official" unit roster, as it would be looking for a needle in haystack for me, merely to figure out where to look for the original model and it's original textures map.
    It seems to me what you really want is to make your own modification of Titanium and I applaud your intention but this is not the part of the forum to ask for such advice.

Start by reading this tutorial:
    [Tutorial]
    How to add a new unit into game

Follow the instructions and ask questions in the dedicated thread.
    You will need patience, though.

Thank you for the advice. I will try to fix this asap because it is ruining my game experience.

You're welcome.