Thread: Battle_Musicians - What Does It Do?

Default Battle_Musicians - What Does It Do?

So normally if I'm going to add in my own Drum & Fife music, I would just replace the four emp_cus_snare_roll_XX_v1.00_gme.wav files found in music/fieldmusicians with .WAV files of my own choosing. I usually use four different tunes for a bit of variety. And noticed NTW has a few more marching tune files tucked away that I didn't know about.

So, in music/battle_musicians, I've thrown in some extra tunes replacing the seven ntw_bfmXX_march_live_gme.mp3 files, however I'm not sure what causes these audio files to trigger, as moving units just reverts to them playing the same four songs from the fieldmusicians pathway.

I've tried adding the seven variant battle_musician tunes I've selected to the vanilla sounds.pack, and alternatively tried adding them to the Drum & Fife pack that comes with DMN for my own personal taste. Neither of these seems to cause them to trigger. So what am I missing? Under what circumstance do files from battle_musicians play in battle?

I can exclude patch/movie/mod format issues for the packs as I've tried all variations with and without adding them to user_script, as well as ensuring, like in vanilla, that fieldmusicians files are .WAV and battle_musicians files are .MP3 format.

TL;DR how to get more moar drums

Laetus

Default Re: Battle_Musicians - What Does It Do?

you are not missing anything, this issue is baffeling us since release. to my knowledge only ntw_bfm01_march_live_gme.mp3 and ntw_bfm02_march_live_gme.mp3 for european nations, and mus_battle_egyptianmusicians_02_v1.00_gme.mp3 for ottomans trigger consistently.