Thread: [Amendment] Efficiency

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default [Amendment] Efficiency

Doing some mopping up here and making some minor changes in procedure. This is probably not done yet. Also the preafect thing I'm not sure about if I handled it in the other thread so thats why I scratched it here, will remove if handled in the other thread.

Regulations and Procedures to Section II

1 Polls concerning specific Amendments, Decisions and nominations are not permitted in the Curia main.

2 Polls are not permitted within the Prothalamos.

3 Should more than six members apply for any position, the Administration may shortlist six members to stand for the election. If there is no applicant, the application period is prolonged and the incumbent will remain in office until a replacement has been elected.

Applicants for Curial offices must meet the minimum requirements of the position:

• Consul - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least one month
    • Censor - citizenship for at least one month; cannot have received a Curial Warning for at least one month and must not have any active moderation warnings
    • Primus Praefect - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least six months. Must have verifiable experience in staff moderation for three months, and/or Tribunal experience either as a Tribune or having served at least two terms as Magistrate.
    • Praefect - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least three months; must not be a current staff moderator or tribune.
    • Magistrate - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least six months; must not be a current staff moderator or tribune.

4 The debate thread remains open until the conclusion of the vote.

5 Votes on resolutions last one week, votes on elections last four days.

6 Where more than one of the same position is vacant, the procedure is the same, and the members with the highest votes are elected. In the case of ties, a run off vote is held between the tied members lasting three days. If there is only one applicant, a ratification vote is held with options "Yes", "No", and "Abstain".

If a Curial Officer wins an election for another Curial Office, they are required to immediately resign their original Curial Office. An election for the vacant Curial Office will be held.

7 Any Prothalamos threads can be archived by the Consul if they are not posted in for twenty-eight fourteen days.

8 The Consul may correct any spelling, grammatical, or formative errors in the Constitution or any Curial resolution. The details of any such changes must be recorded in the Amendments thread of the Tabularium.

10 Frivolous use of this procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III.

11 Any Curial Officer subject to a successful VoNC, or who resigns during the VoNC process, may not run in the replacement or full election for the next open seat of the same position.

12 For being moved to vote the latest version of a resolution requires at least three Citizens to post in its Prothalamos thread indicating their support. The latest version of the resolution must be debated for at least three days in the Prothalamos before the proposer can request it be moved to vote.

When a resolution is moved to vote, the Prothalamos thread is left open and the Consul posts the latest version of the resolution, and a link to its Prothalamos thread, as a new poll in the Curia Vote forum. Subsequent posts in this thread are limited to the notification of having voted. Messages lobbying to vote for or against, including via signatures and avatars are prohibited; however, posts lobbying to vote for or against are allowed in the original Prothalamos thread and in the Curial Commentary Thread.
    Where a Decision requires the Curia to choose between multiple options, two polls are run concurrently, the first poll as a normal Decision, the second poll outlining the various options to choose from if the Decision passes. Whichever option receives the plurality of votes is implemented, but only if the Decision passes in the usual manner.

Citizens may not view the results of Curia Votes (unless necessary for the execution of any other duty to the site) until the vote has concluded.

13 If any resolution fails a vote, no re-vote on a substantially similar resolution will be permitted within twenty-eightten days.

14 The Consul posts the text of all passed Amendments in a stickied Amendments thread in the Tabularium, numbered consecutively in the order they pass. The stickied Constitution thread in the Curia is then edited to reflect the changes made by passed Amendments. When a Section or Article is added or removed, all subsequent Sections and Articles are renumbered by the Consul appropriately.

15 The Consul posts the text of all passed Decisions in a stickied Decisions thread in the Tabularium, consecutively in the order they pass.

16 After an election or resolution has been voted on all its threads are archived appropriately by the Consul

17 Subject to the procedures in Section IV, Article I

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Amendment] Efficiency

fourteen days.
    Meh..

The latest version of the resolution must be debated for at least three days in the Prothalamos before the proposer can request it be moved to vote.
    What must be, must be whatever must be?. What if it's must but not be must.... And why not for any amount of time... WTF a doodle is going on... I find this very not efficient.

permitted within twenty-eightten days.
    I'd make that longer rather than shorter.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I'd make that longer rather than shorter.
    Support that one: 60-75 days seems sufficient for a rethink whether to repropose or not, instead impulsive\in your face because I can reflexes - how about this little add on:

If any resolution fails a vote or is abandoned, no re-vote or reproposal on a substantially similar resolution...

Should that be confusing then a separate line would be fine as well.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 31, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Will add that in when I got some time

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

7 - Don't think that needs to be shortened.

12 - What's going on here?

13 - Echoing earlier comments, it should be much longer, not shorter.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Will add that in when I got some time
    When you are doing that you also need to check this.

Consul - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least one month
    Censor - citizenship for at least one month; cannot have received a Curial Warning for at least one month and must not have any active moderation warnings
    Both sentences needs to be amended due to your "get rid of the praefects" proposal, so it would be probably best if this amendment waited a little before requesting to be moved to vote.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

7: I agree with
    12: ?
    13: should be substantially longer, not shorter. (like three months/ 84 days).

maybe an Archived resolution should be 1 month waiting period (28 days)

@ Leonardo this proposal doesn't need to wait because those lines are not being amended. Regardless of the order of passage. I am not sure they contradict. Iskar's proposal is action against a citizen. This is minimal requirement of Curial positions.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

7. What about a compromise with 21 days?
    12. Guess that's a typo.
    13. I'm fine with Gigantus proposal for that point.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

12: the [s] through three is a typo but the rest sure is no fault.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    12: the [s] through three is a typo but the rest sure is no fault.
    So you want it to say..

12. The must be debated for at least days in the Prothalamos before the proposer can request it be moved to vote.

I like it, it's weird, but I like it.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

It certainly leaves room for interpretation.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

oops?