The winner of POTF 32 was Cope, earning 1 competition point and 5 rep points. Well done!

Winning Post
Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
I still don't see how challenging a dominant culture and putting forward the idea that it may not be a universal truth/optimum, but just one amongst many amounts to a call to reject every aspect of, or even "purge" the dominant culture. Even if you have encountered people who say exactly that, surely that's no excuse to just stop considering whether parts of what they're saying make sense. That whole discussion seems to be continuously derailed by people who seem hell bent on not questioning their own preconceptions. And note that I say 'question' not 'abandon'. I'm not personally convinced the BLM theorists are on the right ideological track, but I'm not so cowardly as to jump on every opportunity to twist and distort their ideas.
You aren't challenging the "dominant culture". You're part of it. There's a reason why BLM's narrative is regurgitated ad nauseam by corporate America, the cosmopolitan press, the entertainment industry and academia. The Washington elite literally kneel for it.

Debating the criminal justice system, police reform or the leading causes of African American mortality was never the objective. The priority for the liberal establishment and their activists has been to launch irrational, hyper-critical attacks against "whiteness" (itself a term typically used as a racial pejorative), American icons and various western institutions. So instead of discussing the substantive issues and consensus building (which might actually threaten the status quo) we've been dragged into another one of the left's poisonous culture wars, complete with riots, looting, vandalism and other forms of violence.

Runners-up this week are Aexodus, Beorn and Abdülmecid I. See you next time!