Thread: Less major confederation & AI boost

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon1 Less major confederation & AI boost

Am kinda sick -sorry- of the mechanic, that the AI ninja-confederates everything with ease, specially if threatened. Or factions, that go way beyond and can do to their pleasing, given that they always receive a huge bonus in creating such a thing.
    I tried to restrict that behavior to common sense, while not ignoring late-game & minor factions. Further it reduces the likelihood, that confederations will be created beyond the human strength-rating. To be honest, in all my summed up 10k+ hours of total war, I've never seen the AI create a new 'confederation', that would exceed the player rating by factor of up to 2.75 on Legendary (read:275%)
    In that regard, the 2nd change is probably only minor...(pointy ears *spits*, dawi, greenskins anyone?)

Mod does:
    - reduces the chance of major+minor-ninja confederation; I reduced the AI boost for the expected confed to be below 60% of the resulting new 'faction' in comparison to the current player strength. (vanilla: 150%)
    read: if the resulting confederation would be below 60% of the players strength, they receive a diplo-boost, else they follow the same rules as the player. That should reduce the chain-confederation early/mid-game...but should not affect late-game, as the 'player' will most likely dominate. (else there is something wrong ^^)
    - reduce the overall anticipated strength of the new 'faction' or confederation.

Use it as template or whatever, for all I care. Felt like sharing it. "cai_variables_tables" is all you'd need to edit, the resulting strength has honestly no impact....the AI-boost is what does the crazy thingies.

Have fun!

(why does no one does have a kitten-smiley, with a kitten drinking beer!)

edit: optional http://wicked-chibi.ninja/stuff/_less_conf.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valky; August 28, 2020 at 10:13 AM.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version