Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Decision] Augustus Brewster

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default [Decision] Augustus Brewster

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Citizens of the Curia, I come before you with a heavy heart. The Curia is under attack from dissidents and rabble rousers. No sooner have we recovered from the travails of negotiating the Hotseat debacle does a fresh conundrum arrive to threaten our sunny shores and the manner of living to which we have grown accustomed.

This is a time of great danger as we are beset upon all sides. We must have a strong leader to guide us through such times. We need a man who has proven himself time and time again. A man who has proven his talent for warfare, but also for statecraft! We need a General! A General who can negotiate smoothly, whilst being prepared for all eventualities - including bloodshed. We need General Brewster!

To this end, Citizens of the Curia, I propose that General Brewster be acclaimed as "Augustus", the Father of the Country!

The Accession of Augustus Brewster
    Article I. Augustus BrewsterThe Administrators of Total War Center, otherwise known as "Hex", shall amend General Brewster's username to reflect his new majesty, and as such they shall rename him "Augustus Brewster".
    Article 2. User GroupThe Administrators of Total War Center, otherwise known as "Hex", shall create a new user group for Augustus Brewster. This group shall have the following user badge:

Created by Halie
    Article I. The Acclamation of Augustus BrewsterThe Administrators of Total War Center, otherwise known as "Hex"; the Citizens of the Curia; and the users of Total War Center shall abase themselves before Augustus Brewster and acclaim his divine rule.

Section II - The Curia
    Article II. ElectionsFor every election the Curator may opens a thread for applications3 to the vacant position and another one for all questions and discussion about the election4. The Administration may veto any applicant.
    Once applications are complete, the Curator may opens a poll in the Curia Vote forum5 if it so suits the Curator. The member who receives the highest number of votes is elected to the position6 unless the Curator deems that matters of security prevent such an election.
    Article III. ResolutionsA VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority9 and, if successful against a Curial Officer, results in their immediate removal from office.10 The Curator is immune from any VoNC proceedings as their presence is the divine mandate of the Gods and thus cannot be challenged. Any such rabble rousing shall result in a charge of lèse-majesté17

After a successful vote the Curator may enacts the resolution, or requests the administration to enact it or to give an official reason for not doing so.15 If the administration do not enact such resolutions, the Curia shall find them in contempt of lèse-majesté17.
    Regulations and Procedures to Section II
    3 Should more than six members apply for any position, the Administration Curator may shortlist six members to stand for the election. If there is no applicant, the application period is prolonged and the incumbent will remain in office until a replacement has been elected.
    Applicants for the offices of Censor and Curator cannot have received an infraction, or a Curial Warning, in at least one year, and must have been Citizens for at least three months. Applicants for the office of Magistrate cannot have received a Moderation Warning, or a Curial Warning, in at least one year.

6 Where more than one of the same position is vacant, the procedure is the same, and the members with the highest votes are elected. In the case of ties, a run off vote is held between the tied members lasting three days. If there is only one applicant, a ratification vote is held with options "Yes", "No", and "Abstain".
    If a Curial Officer other than the Curator wins an election for another Curial Office, they are required to immediately resign their original Curial Office. An election for the vacant Curial Office will be held.

7 Any Prothalamos threads can be moved to the Archives by the Curator if they are not posted in for twenty-eight days, or if the Curator deems it necessary for any reasons.

8 The Curator may correct any spelling, grammatical or formative errors in the Constitution or any Curial resolution. The details of any such changes must do not need to be recorded in the Amendments thread of the Tabularium.

17 The crime of lèse-majesté shall be deemed to have been committed should any aggravate, annoy, bother, bug, chafe, exasperate, irritate, peeve, persecute, pique, put out, rile or vex the Curator. It shall be at the discretion of the Curator to pronounce any such punishment as they deem necessary to combat such treachery.

Section V - Succession to the Curatorship
    Article I. The Death of the CuratorIn the event that the Curator dies, or is otherwise indisposed and unable to carry out their role, the Curia shall enter a phase of mourning for a period not lasting less than a month.
    Following such period, the Curia will unanimously deify the deceased Curator and thereafter refer to them as the "Divi [Curator's Name]", and elect a Chief Pontiff to honour their memory.
    Article II. The Curator is dead, long life the Curator!Following the aforementioned period of mourning, the most senior of the Curator's Assistants will be proclaimed as the new Augustus, and sit upon the Curial Chair.
    If there are no Curator's Assistants to accomplish such a role, the divine will of the Gods will make clear their divinely ordained successor, whomsoever they may be.
    Any opposition shall be dealt with most swiftly by Augustus Brewster.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Decision] Augustus Brewster

Obvious support ofc.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hasn't this dead horse being beaten enough? If this is a humorous proposal, move it to the TD, if it's serious, just drop it.. I can't see how HEX would not veto this

better to focus on more practical stuff, eh?
    Last edited by Flinn; August 28, 2020 at 07:51 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Drop a serious proposal? In the name of rebuking censorship, support and proceed.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Hasn't this dead horse being beaten enough? If this is a humorous proposal, move it to the TD, if it's serious, just drop it.. I can't see how HEX would not veto this

I will force you to veto it, then.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Ill support. Do we need a tyrant? Well, of course, and General Brewster is the man for the job.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The people should veto Hex
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Hasn't this dead horse being beaten enough? If this is a humorous proposal, move it to the TD, if it's serious, just drop it..
    ToS: ''Re-posting threads that you know have already been posted elsewhere.'' - That used to be worded with less clunk.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 28, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    ToS: ''Re-posting threads that you know have already been posted elsewhere.'' - That used to be worded with less clunk.
    Ahh, so every thread copy pasted from Prothalamos to the Curia Vote forum would also fall under that rule? Or is it that you're just bitter and angry and want something to complain about?
    I think I know which one it is.

This is the first time this thread has been posted in this forum. If you're mad about it, I suggest you report it and stop posting in this thread, please. This is for serious discussion of the proposal and other posts would be off topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Ahh, so every thread copy pasted from Prothalamos to the Curia Vote forum would also fall under that rule?
    Nope. Copying threads from here to the Curia vote forum is the correct procedure for proposals/threads. Reposting an already archived joke proposal is not.

Or is it that you're just bitter and angry and want something to complain about?
    I think I know which one it is.
    I have nothing to be bitter or angry about. You realise this comes across as an attempt to be disruptive in some manor since your revolt stalled. It's creative-ish, but ultimately, the system already has a response.

This is the first time this thread has been posted in this forum. If you're mad about it, I suggest you report it and stop posting in this thread, please. This is for serious discussion of the proposal and other posts would be off topic.
    Nope. The ToS does not state a thread has to be in the same forum. If you intend to continue to rail about rules, I suggest you actually read them first.

I'm trying to do you a favour, maybe, saving you from yourself. You're trying to gather favour in the curia by playing the clown, maybe looking for allies in your dispute with Hex. It won't work. You'll end up bitter, like others before you. Posting random rants about higher ups and tyranny. At some point Hex will start to ignore you, your rants will become more frustrated, you'll fall foul of the ToS, spend long hours wasted arguing in the tribunal. And ultimately, become another Gollum. All very predictable.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 28, 2020 at 05:00 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Reposting an already archived joke proposal is not.
    Yes, I archived the thread myself. It was originally posted in the Curia, not here though. This is not a repost. Again, if you feel that it is you can report it. Otherwise, stop posting in this thread unless you plan to discuss the proposal at hand, please.

I'm trying to do you a favour, maybe,
    Please stop posting here unless you plan to discuss the topic at hand, thank you.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Why is an (obviously not serious) abandoned proposal quotedd in it's entirety and warmed up in the Prothalamos? Desperation? Lack of lime light? Snubbing the ToS?

Sad, whatever the motivation behind it.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Please don't post here unless you're going to actually discuss the merits of this proposal. You're welcome to state your opposition or support, but other than that your post is considered off topic.

Blog Entries

Haven't laughed hard like this for a long time. This proposal was abandoned when it was tabled the first time, what's there to discuss other then the reason why it was copy\pasted without a single word from the new proposer? I am assuming you kept a copy to keep proposing this for another umpteenth times?

Just as well the D&D rules don't apply here. You know, the one that gets threads terminated if there is no sufficient base for discussion: the original proposal was abandoned, new proposal is a copy\paste of the original. Off topic my ass, you need to provide a topic before telling others that they are off topic.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 29, 2020 at 02:47 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Please don't post here unless you're going to actually discuss the merits of this proposal. You're welcome to state your opposition or support, but other than that your post is considered off topic.
    Actually not.
    People have the right to wonder what are the real motivations/goals of the member behind his proposal. The fact here is that this proposal doesn't look serious and if it is, it should be re-written to avoid such confusion.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Please move this to vote.

Blog Entries

That should be interesting, absolute minimum requirements (3 support, and six hours more then the 3 days discussions) is always a great way to go for a vote.

Pity that the 'frivolous' sub article apparently only applies to VonCs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitution - Article III. Resolutions View Post
    10 Frivolous use of this procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 30, 2020 at 11:12 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

^^ it could be a reasonnable proposal actually
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Perhaps this is a test of his position as stated in the mod comm, that copy pasting an OP is a breech of EMM local rules and should be infracted. Round about way of making a point.

Blog Entries

Not much of a point unless it was meant to demonstrate not knowing what a repost is when it comes to the ToS.

He also thought that moving it to a vote would be a repost, that's right under the minimum requirements for getting it moved:
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitution - Article III. Resolutions View Post
    12When a resolution is moved to vote, the Prothalamos thread is left open and the Consul posts the latest version of the resolution, and a link to its Prothalamos thread, as a new poll in the Curia Vote forum.
    If that broke the ToS then he would have been VonCed every time a proposal went for a vote.

Seeing that up to now there hasn't been a comment by the proposer for this copy\pasta affair I still go with my first assessment: Desperation? Lack of lime light? Snubbing the ToS?

In view of the amount of abandoned proposals I guess I'll do well to renew my pop corn concession.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 31, 2020 at 06:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast