Thread: Ever wondered why your Spanish Jinetes have no shields?

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Icon5 Ever wondered why your Spanish Jinetes have no shields?

Alright, I want to share here a discovery made by Macsen Rufus - one of the most skilled and productive modders I ever seen on the MTW-scene. All credits/kudos goes to him for this discovery (I only made a few small corrections, in bold green). Remember, I'm just the messenger here - bringing the news to the TWC...

Quote Originally Posted by Macsen Rufus
    If you ever looked, and ever cared, those Spanish Jinetes in MTW:VI don't show any shields in battle, even though they should. This is all down to a single spelling mistake in the original install.

Navigate to /Textures/Men/Items/Shield2/SpanishJinettes
    and change it to /Textures/Men/Items/Shield2/SpanishJinetes

Then you will see Jinetes with the little round shields they were always supposed to have. It seems strange CA got it right for the weapons but messed up on the shields, but there you go....

It doesn't stop them being irritating when they're showering your flanks with javelins, but at least they will finally look right!
    Btw, all this is valid for v1.1 too. Anyways, there you have it folks!

- A

Libertus

Default Re: Ever wondered why your Spanish Jinetes have no shields?

Thanks for passing this on, Axalon. I never would have spotted it if I hadn't wanted to give shields to the Dornish Light Cavalry in my Game of Thrones mod

Love things like this! Little discoveries all these years later!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Medieval TW is my absolute favorite game in the TW franchise and I had no idea CA made such a mistake.

After noticing a few things here and there in almost evey TW game (MTW, RTW, ETW, NTW, S2TW - yes I've been playing S2TW a lot lately), I think it's time for an unofficial game patch just what the TES community has for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3,4.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

This how the Spanish Jinetes looks like in a battle with a small round shield.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.