Thread: Recruitment Issues in RO

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Recruitment Issues in RO

I am finding some strange recruitment issues occurring with my RO mod. For example, when I load a campaign there seems to be at least one city where I can't recruit legionaires in a particular city (Carnuntum for example), whereas, when I delete the map.rwm and reload a campaign, I can recruit them in that particular city but not in another (Serdica for example).

I am at a lost to explain this. I was wondering if it had some to do with the amount of hidden resources required for recruitment. Is there a limit on the number of required resources for recruitment. Here is an example of a couple of recruitment lines:

recruit "western legionary lanciariiC1" 0 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource thracia and hidden_resource river and resource textiles

recruit "western legionary lanciariiC2" 0 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource dalmatia and hidden_resource quadi and hidden_resource iuthungi and resource iron

recruit "western legionary lanciariiC2" 0 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource east_german and hidden_resource quadi and hidden_resource river and not hidden_resource pannonia

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Default Re: Recruitment Issues in RO

Time ago (more than 5 years) in a ephemeral forum where we was making mods, Ive readed from the guy who made the first map for my project, that... for recruit via hidden resources (+ "and" "or", different combinations), always it allow three options, e.g. -> and hidden_resource XXX and hidden_resource YYY and not marian_reforms (in bold and coloured, these who be considered as "options", and in italic the "connectors")... so, according his tip, no more than three options, including the connectors "and" "or" "and not"

I cant ensure you about if this is a "rule" for recruitment, but Ive seen similar problems (like as you, using more than 3 options) in my project; so, maybe (I emphasize maybe, please) it could be true... For now, I hold just with that guy write some years ago, and it works better for now.

Last edited by Archaeopterix; August 30, 2020 at 02:33 PM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Recruitment Issues in RO

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    Time ago (more than 5 years) in a ephemeral forum where we was making mods, Ive readed from the guy who made the first map for my project, that... for recruit via hidden resources (+ "and" "or", different combinations), always it allow three options, e.g. -> and hidden_resource XXX and hidden_resource YYY and not marian_reforms (in bold and coloured, these who be considered as "options", and in italic the "connectors")... so, according his tip, no more than three options, including the connectors "and" "or" "and not"

I cant ensure you about if this is a "rule" for recruitment, but Ive seen similar problems (like as you, using more than 3 options) in my project; so, maybe (I emphasize maybe, please) it could be true... For now, I hold just with that guy write some years ago, and it works better for now.
    Thanks for that. That was what I was thinking. I have managed to redo my recruitment for the romans and eliminated nearly all of the 3+ recruitment and it seems to work fine now. Thanks again.