Thread: Rudimentary Cloud Advice

Default Rudimentary Cloud Advice

Surprising though it may be to some of you, I have never used any cloud service before. For sure, I have redundantly saved my information onto innumerable physical copies and did not feel like using the cloud service (“free” or requiring payment) for a long time.

Recently, however, I feel like missing out on the advantages of cloud and so would like to start here for help.

I have several, rudimentary questions that – perhaps-could have most easily and quickly been discovered on my own, but I want to be pointed in the right direction immediately off the bat.

1. You know how one can store files directly and haphazardly onto the Desktop screen, right? In addition to the Library files for Documents, Pictures, Videos, and more, are there any cloud services where all the files in the desktop screen of my main PC are captured and stored in the same order?
    2. I have many devices with the expected variance in storage capacity. Is there a way for me to organize these devices to be exactly like the cloud (and thus the desktop screen on my main computer) minus any files I do not need for those specific devices?
    3. Is there a way for me to automatically upload data from one of my files onto my cloud and then have those data automatically downloaded permanently into the right files on my other devices (once they are connected to the internet, of course)?
    4. If all the services I have mentioned exist, do they tend to be free or do they tend to require payment?
    Last edited by No Bias FTW; August 25, 2020 at 12:19 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Rudimentary Cloud Advice

What you're describing sounds a bit like onedrive. Have you looked into that? Unfortunately it does cost money for large amounts of files however.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)