Thread: Mauro-Roman Empire, domination completed 799 AD

Default Mauro-Roman Empire, domination completed 799 AD

As I was commenting on my experience with the Berbers in another previous post, a little before the confinement in my country (Spain), I managed to complete what has been the greatest challenge in the SAI. A total campaign, with the berbers.

It took me two centuries to complete the domination, since the only rival of the berbers (Eranshahr) controlled all of Asia, with select troops that at any moment could face mine, in addition to pointing out that the native berber troops were grazing sassanid cavalry. That is why I had to reorganize my armies based on roman units, the support of (vital) mercenaries and the constant use of war machines, fortifications to protect myself from any sassanid attack (impossible to fight in pitched battle, except in the case of use mercenary veterans, such as an army entirely of sarmatians and alans who saved me on more than one occasion).

As a colleague warned and I myself assumed, campaigning with the berbers is SUICIDE. I finished it for honor and with a lot of headaches. It was a joy to take my berbers across the Indus and complete the destruction of Eranshahr, using their own iranian and armenians troops and mercenaries of all ethnicities.

P.D.: it was a real nightmare to send my troops to kill some sassanid units. On more than one occasion, a pushtigan unit killed 4 or 5 mercenary units (even though they already had a lot of experience) besides several units of bodyguards. I have never felt so powerless with a faction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	362451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	362452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	035.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	822.6 KB 
ID:	362453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	060.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	888.2 KB 
ID:	362454

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Mauro-Roman Empire, domination completed 799 AD

That's pretty amazing!
    Well done!

Why did you abandon your native lands?

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius92 View Post
    Why did you abandon your native lands?
    I left them, because it was the only way to survive in the campaign. If you stay alone in Africa, the berbers could never get up even 50 turns: the only option to escape from a situation of inferiority is to attack without hesitation and snatching both Hispania and Gaul from the Empire. From there, you can have a chance to keep the faction alive, in the first turns. Staying in Africa is CERTAIN death. The native territories of the Berbers did not benefit me at all and they always exploded in rebellion, so I demolished everything that was in those two cities and I only kept the only ones that were loyal to me at all times.

ok. one(last, I've already abused of your patience enough) question: how many turns per year?

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius92 View Post
    ok. one(last, I've already abused of your patience enough) question: how many turns per year?
    Only 4 shifts per year. In general, with this modality, I have never taken more than... two centuries at most to finish a campaign (IV-VI AD), but in this case I have had to take many turns, waiting... waiting to be able to kill armies that doubled me in number... or else waiting to attack at a propitious moment. Definitely playing with the berbers is agony. However it is a real challenge... all factions, even the Celts, are better than yours.

The only chance to survive is to make constant guerrilla warfare, constantly hire mercenaries, attack whenever the opportunity presents itself...anti-war tactics used in the old way.

P.D: and above all and most importantly. good coffers full of money to bribe, in case of extreme danger. It should be noted that I have never bribed armies, but with the Berbers, I have had no choice.

Yes, maybe a few years from now we will see an IB on Islamic invasions in the 8th century. At least legally a mod on the rise of Islam.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Quote Originally Posted by Vishas View Post
    to make constant guerrilla warfare
    I've sometimes done that with my fullmap conquest with Julian, but I've got good horsearchers. I wouldn't dare trying with the Berbers. Mad respect dude!