Thread: to general james wolfe request

Default to general james wolfe request

hi general i was seeing your mod on moddb but unfortunately didnt work for me i wish to ask you permission to build a war of austrian succesion using your units? and to make it public, one problem that i found is that when translating your units the soldiers dont hold the weapon with the hands instead the weapon is on the back i ask you where is the animation file to make it hold it front? to rename.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: to general james wolfe request

Quote Originally Posted by giogigt View Post
    hi general i was seeing your mod on moddb but unfortunately didnt work for me i wish to ask you permission to build a war of austrian succesion using your units? and to make it public, one problem that i found is that when translating your units the soldiers dont hold the weapon with the hands instead the weapon is on the back i ask you where is the animation file to make it hold it front? to rename.
    Hi,

I just saw your post. In the future a PM would be better advised, as I'll get these faster. Alternatively, find me on discord: I'm more active there anyway.

In the meantime: Well, the reason your models aren't rendering properly is that you're using the wrong skeletons. Any skeleton with SYW_(nationality)_Musketeer will be what you want. Make sure (looks like you did), that the primary weapon is attached to the lowermost cloak bone. The SYW_ankshari_musketeer should be good for most units, whereas SYW_prussian_musketeer is good for Prussian (and only Prussia).

As to using the models: go ahead, though TBH outside Prussia and some Austrian units, I don't know how applicable the models are. The single biggest problem is that iron rammers were only confined to the Prussians and Bavarians at your period. You'll have to retexture many units. And I know the Austrians will need a complete overhaul.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)