Thread: With PFM trying to find which files in the data.pack that will will allow...

Default With PFM trying to find which files in the data.pack that will will allow...

....me to modify:

1. which faction own which units or has access to
    2. campaign map starting armies and their units

I've been on a long hiatus and trying to get back into the game. If anyone can point out where I can find the above files with PFM to modify them, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Default Re: With PFM trying to find which files in the data.pack that will will allow...

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_Gaius View Post
    ....me to modify:

1. which faction own which units or has access to
    2. campaign map starting armies and their units

I've been on a long hiatus and trying to get back into the game. If anyone can point out where I can find the above files with PFM to modify them, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Default Re: With PFM trying to find which files in the data.pack that will will allow...

Anyone?

Hi,

Units are assigned to factions via a military_group. You can find the specific military_group for each faction in the factions_tables. For example, in the factions_tables in the column labeled military_group, the Franks are assigned att_ger_franks.

Once you know the military_group of the faction you're concerned with, you can find/assign/remove the units that are in the military_group in the units_to_groupings_military_permissions table. However, you can also bypass the military_group by assigning specific units to specific factions in the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables.

It is a good idea to add custom battle permissions simultaneously via the units_custom_battle_permissions_tables.

You can change units in starting armies via the esf. startpos in pfm. Go to startpos.esf >CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS >COMPRESSED_DATA > CAMPAIGN_ENV > CAMPAIGN_MODEL >WORLD >FACTION_ARRAY >FACTION_ARRAY - # > FACTION > ARMY_ARRAY (yep, it's that long) Keep drilling down and down until you get to UNIT_RECORD_KEY. There you can change the unit. I also recommend visiting the Mod Workshop forum for Attila. There are a couple of useful tutorials about esf matters.
    Last edited by WibblyWWonder; August 28, 2020 at 06:44 PM.