Thread: Historical French Military Camp

Default Historical French Military Camp

Greetings

I have the goal of creating a scene (read map) for Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars multiplayer based on an authentic french military camp from the late 18th/early 19th century but haven't found good sources online. It's hard in my country (Portugal) to have access to such information in libraries though perhaps maybe in a specialized library at a university.

I would like to find out about their structure, there were surely tents for the soldiers to sleep in, benches, wooden tables, cooking pots for eating and cooking, perhaps an ammo store to hold muskets, ammo and some artillery pieces, a field hospital to treat the sick, the wounded and the dying, a stable for the army's horses, etc

That's the kind of information I'd like to get my hands on, maps, schematics, though text documents are fine too.

With your help, the research would surely go much faster. Will you help me, providing information on the topic?

Best regards,
    Fusilier
    Last edited by Fus1lier; August 23, 2020 at 03:26 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Default Re: Historical French Military Camp

Thank you Settra

Unfortunately when I right click the second link I'm presented with:

"Forbidden - Visitors from your country are not permitted to browse this site."

Fusilier

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yeah, it doesn't work for me anymore either. Anyway the first link has everything you need really, from maps to topological data and height maps. Camps in this time period were not highly standardized and were based more on local terrain than any specific style or pattern, so one french camp is as good as the other really.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't work for me anymore either. Anyway the first link has everything you need really, from maps to topological data and height maps. Camps in this time period were not highly standardized and were based more on local terrain than any specific style or pattern, so one french camp is as good as the other really.
    Fair enough. Thank you for your input Settra.

Best regards,
    Fusilier