Thread: Issue with selecting units in campaign menu

Default Issue with selecting units in campaign menu

So everything was working fine but I decided to increase the graphics all the way. Easily be able to run it on my laptop.

So I load my campaign and for some reason when I put the cursor over a character it doesn't register that I am selecting the captain/general. Same for cities I hover over to select. Its as if the cursor isnt registering the selecting options. Please help for the fix!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Issue with selecting units in campaign menu

Kinda weird. Suggest to reverse your graphic settings and do it one at a time to see when the issue starts. Can't recall ever hearing of something like that.

I remember correcting a cursor issue in another application by changing DPI settings in compatibility, try that as well.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 23, 2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenoser View Post
    So everything was working fine but I decided to increase the graphics all the way. Easily be able to run it on my laptop.

So I load my campaign and for some reason when I put the cursor over a character it doesn't register that I am selecting the captain/general. Same for cities I hover over to select. Its as if the cursor isnt registering the selecting options. Please help for the fix!
    This is possible either because of a thing said by Gigantus or because you changed the window resolution in the game.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Blog Entries

Custom resolutions not supported by the drop down could be a reason, true.

Ahhh yes. I was attempting to change the resolution as it decides it doesnt want to fully expand the screen. I will try to fix it through that. Really hope I dont have to restart. Pretty far in the grand campaign as England!

Blog Entries

The game should automatically be full screen unless you have changed it to 'windowed'.