Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaign Minimap with Correct Aspect Ratio

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee did you know I was admin once

Blog Entries

Default Re: Campaign Minimap with Correct Aspect Ratio

Which files did you edit in the base game directory? If they are present in a mod they will get ignored, so rather add them to the mod to avoid loosing over sight and to avoid them effecting mods where you really don't want them.

There is only one exception that I know off where stuff has to go into the base game directory to ensure functionality.

They were these:

descr_banners_new.xml
    descr_lbc_db.txt
    descr_offmap_models.txt

I've added them to the mod folder. I remember these were the only ones, I hope I am not forgetting any.

Link for the mod file:

https://gofile.io/d/ULEbjP

Blog Entries

I'll have a look at it.

The first two files are very mod specific (to be edited for new factions), the last one doesn't really need to be edited, that's a left over from RTW afaik.

Edit: these three provinces do not exist: Yerevan_province, Bulgar_province, Baghdad_province - they are part of the mongol emerge script
    And you don't have the radarmap line in the script.

There is this error in the descr_regions file, you can fix it by using any other faction:
    07:19:45.419 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1376, column 5
    can't setup slave faction as the default faction for this region, (england)

But ultimately the issue lies in the descr_strat file at the bottom - you are missing this entry which activates the script:

script
    campaign_script.txt

The descr_strat file itself has numerous family tree issues, check the system.log file in the root of the game for [error] entires
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 30, 2020 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Edit: these three provinces do not exist: Yerevan_province, Bulgar_province, Baghdad_province - they are part of the mongol emerge script
    And you don't have the radarmap line in the script.
    Because of the changes I've made that I don't remember, the game crashed so I've actually sent you the most recent backup folder so that is why it doesn't have the radarmap line and changes to the province names, I should have told you that

There is this error in the descr_regions file, you can fix it by using any other faction:
    07:19:45.419 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1376, column 5
    can't setup slave faction as the default faction for this region, (england)
    If ıt wasn't for you I don't think I would ever notice this

But ultimately the issue lies in the descr_strat file at the bottom - you are missing this entry which activates the script:

script
    campaign_script.txt
    I had no idea this was a thing, I made all the changes you suggested and it works! Thank you so much again for your patience and time.

The descr_strat file itself has numerous family tree issues, check the system.log file in the root of the game for [error] entires
    I figured at some point the family tree problems don't cause crash, so I decided to deal with them later, I will add historically accurate ruler and heir names later.

Any suggestions to the mod other than these? I am focusing on geographical and historical accuracy. The next few steps are adding a few more rivers, adding tons of crossings, cleaning some ground_types around the settlements and ports so that the units can actually walk through and between them, adding new mercenary regions, adjusting the population and religions of settlements and balancing the factions.

Blog Entries

Glad it got going again.

One tip: try to keep [error] messages as low as possible while developing - they do tend to come back and haunt you. Simply change the log enty in the CFG file from trace to error and keep a copy of that log. Then go through it bit by bit at your leisure and fix the issues.

You can temporarily 'comment' out family tree entries for example: simply put a semi-colon in front of the faulty entry. I usually start my mods by only having one named character per faction until I get time to build a family tree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12