Thread: TAL is shutting down

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default TAL is shutting down

Reposted from TAL

Quote Originally Posted by AndalayBay
    My PC is dead. The motherboard has failed, so I need to shut TAL down and take what I pay in hosting fees and put it towards a new PC. We have three active projects. The team members have been notified via PM. One of the projects, the Unofficial Morrowind Patch, will be moving to AFK Mods.

Even before I got to this point, I wanted to find a new host for the wikis. Vorians spoke to Enodoc and he has agreed to host our wikis on the UESP wiki farm. He's just waiting for me to give him the backups.

I need to find a shared hosting service for my cattery site, so I may resurrect the forums in some form in the future. We are working on developing games for mobile, so TAL might be rebranded and repurposed. It might be fun to return to modding when TES VI is released.

That means another TES community site no longer exist when the day has arrived, but what is so special with TAL is that I spent hours, days, even weeks to mirror the modding work of both husserlTW and DARTH VADER there back in 2013-14.

I will do whatever I can to preserve all work I have done with the Total War content I posted there over the years, which probably means that no longer can people here download every TW mod I've mirrored there.
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 05, 2021 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Link updated!
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Re: TAL is shutting down

A small update, but important one.

I've for a couple of days now tried to preserve as much I can of what I mirrored (tutorials, mod tools, mods etc) on TAL.

And now it seems most stuff I mirrored on TAL will be carried over to AFK Mods, but there are still one small problem and I think it can be solved at least I hope so.

http://web.archive.org/web/202009200...comment=451555
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 05, 2021 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Link updated!

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Recently, all wikis on TAL were transferred to UESP.

http://web.archive.org/web/202010270...-wikis-moving/
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 05, 2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Link updated!

This week is the last chance for people to download mods I uploaded on TAL with permission from HusserlTW and DARTH VADER.

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...comment=451783

EDIT: It seems the link above goes to the second page and I've tried to read the second page without success. So, the thread in question is broken.
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 05, 2021 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Dead link, even with the Wayback Machine!

TAL is now no longer available due for being shut down.

I dunno if it's possible, but people need to use the Wayback Machine (paste the link at the top) in order to download TW mods on TAL.

I just checked it seems all TW mods on TAL are gone for good.

Today I started to re-upload all mods and tools I once mirrored on TAL.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/forum/410-total-war/

I won't bother to copy everything I posted on TAL due for being daunting and tedius, instead people can read the OP via the link I posted in all threads on AFK Mods.

FYI, recently Arthmoor, the owner and founder of AFK Mods, updated the forum and something went wrong e.g theme is totally messed up. Another thing is that I cannot login and that makes it impossible for me to help people who wants to download those TW mods and tools I mirrored there.

However, I have since I discover it had a PM conversion with Arthmoor on Nexus about this and right now it is up to him to decide what to do next as I cannot do much.

I hope he can come up with a solution, but somehow I doubt that will happen.