Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JLMPs Vanilla Kingdoms submod 2021

Icon2 JLMPs Vanilla Kingdoms submod 2021

• 26 playable factions
    • 2 campaigns: 1236-1600 and 1200-1600
    • better BAI & CAI (based on z3n's Skynet)
    • 41 extra regions, and 12 areas of recruitment for 74 units
    • Kingdoms features and almost all its scripts implemented
    • a few new scripts (like looting, AI money, garrison scripts, capital change cost, king death info)
    • more suitable late game
    • retouched UI
    • integrated SSHIP music
    • fixed A LOT of stuff
    • balanced everything
    • over two years of work

Download: just go to Moddb

CREDITS
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Pike, for making the main mod "Vanilla Kingdoms"
    - Gigantus, for Geomod tool Pike has used
    - CA, for the game and expansion
    - z3n, for his Skynet AI
    - Third Age TW team for the timeless mod experience
    - Stainless Steel TW for the classic attempt to make this game actually feel medieval
    - me, for excerpt from my SSHIP work (music, AI, fonts)
    - TornNight for his name verifier tool

Vanilla Kingdoms
    1.4 GB
    here is the original mod for the connoisseurs (made by "Pike", not me, I'm just sharing the link)
    Last edited by Just let me post; December 20, 2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: End of the Year update

Default Re: JLMPs Vanilla Kingdoms submod - for those who still enjoy vanilla

Where do i copy and paste this folder into?

Hi, after you have downloaded the main mod (1.4 GB), my submod simply goes into "vanilla kingdoms" mod folder (overwrite)

Then just remove vanilla kingdoms/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm file
    Last edited by Just let me post; August 19, 2020 at 03:38 PM.

I don't see the vanilla kingdoms mod folder. can u send me the link for the mod folder please?

I included the link at the beginning of my post, now I moved it for better visibility

This one

Thanks! I will let know how this mod/ submod goes. Great Work!

Reuploaded, just a quick fix.

Fixed some music not playing and improved moors, milan and antioch ai personalities

can i use the geomod tool to add more settlements and regions?

Sure you can! Although I've never done that myself so unfortunately I can't provide any help in this regard

oh ok! Jw!

Updated the submod, now I'm happy with it
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 03, 2023 at 01:27 AM. Reason: merghing as per request

Default Re: JLMPs Vanilla Kingdoms submod 2021

Great mod, is it possible to translate it in other languages ?

@Anthonydu33

Thanks!
    Of course it is possible, the files to change are located in Data/text folder.
    One needs to delete .bin files anytime .txt files are edited to enable changes (game generates them on launch).
    Since it's vanilla based, one could slightly easen the process by comparing the mod files with vanilla and kingdoms expansion ones, but still, that would require a lot troubleshooting. And language skills obviously.

This is good fun, cheers.

Not sure this is a bug, but just in case: there is some campaign ai code in descr_campaign_ai_db with a comment saying that Catholic factions shouldn't attack the pope unless they are excommunicated. However, in my game Venice just assaulted and exterminated Rome in 1 turn while in good standing.
    Before (turn 7):

After (turn 8):

Well thats odd! Venice should have low standing and the papals should be regaining rome. Must be some bug of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Well thats odd! Venice should have low standing
    They do (1 turn between the screenshots), they are excommunicated after attacking. The question is whether they are supposed to attack in the first place, if they are not already excommunicated. I hope this makes it clear (also to JLMP) what I mean
    Last edited by Artorath; November 29, 2021 at 06:05 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Artorath View Post
    They do (1 turn between the screenshots), they are excommunicated after attacking. The question is whether they are supposed to attack in the first place, if they are not already excommunicated. I hope this makes it clear (also to JLMP) what I mean
    Sorry for late reply:
    I have never seen anyone attacking the Pope, so this is baffling to me as the code seems to work for me.
    On the other hand though, there is also a code that is supposed to make Catholic factions respect papal call for nonaggression, but doesn't work like it should - Pope shoots excommuncation left and right.
    But at least he forgives them sooner or later so not bad.

<autoresolve> section in descr_campaign_db: is there a reason why the kingdoms version of this section isn't included? Some say it improves AI taking rebels, but I haven't tried it with Skynet yet

Also this line <separation_missile_add uint="1.25"/>, are you sure the decimal works?
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryCmdr View Post
    <separation_missile_add uint = "1"/>
    This one I'm marginally more sure of. This is the number of attacks a missile unit gets before being reduced to just another melee unit. Raise this number and missile units are more powerful in autoresolve, lower it and they are weaker.
    Should this be an integer (and potentially higher)?

Some more weird news: I started again as Kiev with the latest version, and just got an at war message with England.

Thing is, there were no blockades, attacks or assassination attempts. I am allied to the French, who they are at war with, and their crusade stack just crossed my territory, that's it.

Regarding autoresolve, I tinkered with kingdoms settings a bit and realised there are too many variables for me and vanilla one works fine so I left vanilla. Skynet AI takes on rebels very well, so it's not an issue.

But thanks for reminding me about separation_missile_add, I think it should be "2" - as missile units sizes are (deliberately) less numerous than melee here so it should balance the results. I dunno about the decimal, but all other values use it as well as the other mods (like SS/SSHIP) so I guess it works.

And about crusaders stack passing by declaring war on you, personally it hasn't happened to me but it seems to be a rare bug:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ring-war-on-me

The other values are declared as float though https://processing.org/examples/integersfloats.html, I haven't seen an unsigned integer (uint) given a decimal in anything else I have installed right now
    Thanks for response, never knew about the bug. Fortunately it hasn't happened with every crusading army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast