Thread: Only let general be killed when body guard is under 50%

Default Only let general be killed when body guard is under 50%

In Shogun 2, the general could only be killed if his body guard fell under 50%. Same in Thrones of Britannia. Would it be possible to program this into a battle script for Rome II?

Based on this documentation https://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Battle_S...mentation.html I can't see how.

There is the function unary_of_men_alive, so when this function returns <0.5 I want to make my general's entity vunerable. Maybe by turning off a 100% wardsave for his individual entity.

I don't think it's possible though as there doesn't appear to be any function to alter an individual unit entity's health / stats.

Hopefully I can be proved wrong!

Slight rant: CA gives us loads of functions for getting information. We can find out if a unit is_idle, the position_of_officer, if the unit is_leaving_battle. However, these are get functions. Where are the set functions? You know, so we can actually program units to do something or be affected in some way. We can do a few things like give_ammo and make_invcible which have literally no use (you'd just give a unit more health or more ammo in a table if that's what you wanted) but nothing fun. When I came into this I honestly thought I could mod what ever I wanted, maybe give generals some new abilities. Very dissapointed with how little you can mod TW beyond rebalancing and reskinning units.
    Last edited by captainducko; August 19, 2020 at 09:04 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Only let general be killed when body guard is under 50%

unary_of_men_alive dosen't exist in rome 2.
    I don't really think it's possible to do what you want.
    We have a function for collecting the % of BG casualties but you can't enact anything for the general itself
    Maybe (but it might work with autoresolve only) you could track down the % and then assign the immortal effect/trait whatever

If you want to check some material, here it is
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4b68vttc7q1p67r/file