Thread: Faction re-emergence triggers for unhappy settlements under rebel control

Default Faction re-emergence triggers for unhappy settlements under rebel control

For example, you could wipe out Pontos as Hayastan by taking Amaseia early, but if Trapezous is still rebel-owned, then due to Trapezous being perpetually under 70% public order Pontos would re-emerge. This goes for other settlements playing host to re-emergent faction, such as Klepadiva and Kabula if you say conquer Klepadiva first as Sauromatae, but leave Kabula rebel-owned and pissed. You could fix this with a simple if(settlement_owner != slave) or something like that in the campaign script.

Default Re: Faction re-emergence triggers for unhappy settlements under rebel control

Re-emergence only happens in Rebel-held settlements (and annoyingly whichever one happens to have the lowest public order at the time). That would prevent re-emergence altogether.

Default Re: Faction re-emergence triggers for unhappy settlements under rebel control

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Re-emergence only happens in Rebel-held settlements (and annoyingly whichever one happens to have the lowest public order at the time). That would prevent re-emergence altogether.
    Have you tried giving the Independent Region building a +100% law bonus? This would ensure that rebel settlements never trigger the re-emergence script, but unhappy faction-controlled settlements will

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Have you tried giving the Independent Region building a +100% law bonus? This would ensure that rebel settlements never trigger the re-emergence script, but unhappy faction-controlled settlements will
    You misunderstood me. At the moment the re-emergence mechanic triggers, the settlement in question has to be Rebel-controlled, or it won't work.

You misunderstood me. At the moment the re-emergence mechanic triggers, the settlement in question has to be Rebel-controlled, or it won't work.
    Ok. I have a few more suggestions in mind but I'll assume that you and the reset of the EBII team have already tried them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Ok. I have a few more suggestions in mind but I'll assume that you and the reset of the EBII team have already tried them all.
    Re-emergence is a soul-destroying source of frustration. Virtually any augmentation or alteration we've attempted with it results in it not working. I've tried to rewrite it twice before, only for it to simply fail to trigger at all.

The newest iteration in the patch is simply a cut-down and simplified version of the ridiculously buggy one you've got in 2.35.

Re-emergence is a soul-destroying source of frustration. Virtually any augmentation or alteration we've attempted with it results in it not working. I've tried to rewrite it twice before, only for it to simply fail to trigger at all.

The newest iteration in the patch is simply a cut-down and simplified version of the ridiculously buggy one you've got in 2.35.
    Glad to hear y'all have tried tackling the problem from every conceivable angle. Personally I'm ambivalent about the re-emergence script. On one hand a buggy re-emergence means that a faction you have to destroy reappears on the other side of the map. On the other hand it slows down AI expansion and prevents super-factions from consolidating too early. For anyone reading this and playing 2.35 you can resolve the former by following these steps:

1. A victory condition faction reemerges in that one Sakan settlement.
    2. (Optional) capture and stabilize the public order of all settlements that may re-emerge that faction
    3. Gift the faction one of the stabilized settlements.
    4. Have a spy verify that the gifted settlement is that faction's new settlement.
    5. Have another spy verify that the faction's initial re-emergent settlement has rebelled due to distance from capital, lack of garrison, and obvious cultural incompatibility.
    6. Retake your gifted settlement, eliminating that faction in the process, hopefully permanently this time.

Factions can re-emerge multiple times.

Pselkis
    Pselkis
    Pselkis
    Antiochia
    Ephesus
    Pergamon

6 times Pergamon was back on my Epirus play. Some of those settlements never were Pergamese, to begin with. But they were owned by Ptolemies and Ptolemies held Pergamon.

Edit: What it means is that as of the patch 2.35 the faction re-emergence can appear in any settlement rebelling against a faction that is owning the re-emerging faction capital as long as there's some level of the same culture. Pselkis had the Greek Polities culture present and that was enough. It's random.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; August 23, 2020 at 06:53 AM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.