Thread: Is it possible to edit the animations in Troy - Total War?

Default Is it possible to edit the animations in Troy - Total War?

As you might know, in Total War Warhammer we weren't able to edit the ingame animations because the animation_tables.animpack couldn't be read or edited. However, in games such as Rome 2, we could make our own animations by editing the animation_tables.txt file and combining the animation fragments.

In Troy, we have both animation_tables.animpack and animation_tables.txt files, as well as another file called animation_tables.bin. Does this mean that we can edit the vanilla animations as we could do in Rome 2? I tried editing animation_tables.txt, but the unit I wanted to modify still uses the vanilla animation.

I am following the steps explained in Magnar Tutorial - Episode XIX, but instead of creating a new unit I want to modify an existing one.

Default Re: Is it possible to edit the animations in Troy - Total War?

I would also like to know if it is possible to import animations and skeletons from other Total War games (Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 2) to Troy. I am using the PFM to import the animations and skeletons from the .pack files of Rome 2, but the game crashes whenever I try to load a battle.