Thread: Will this run R2 and how?

Default Will this run R2 and how?

It seems like I'll be sticking with my old laptop for a while yet. I've avoided newer TW titles because Empire ended up running quite poorly on it in large battles. But after I picked up Shogun 2 for free on Steam, I was surprised how well it ran....I could turn up detail on ultra, and it ran smoothly except for dreaded AI lag in huge battles (my test was Kyoto siege 40 vs 40 units, and after I sent in my 20 katana samurai and they got into melee, the game world somehow slowed down to like 2 ticks per second while graphics ran smoothly). So I was wondering, is Rome 2 viable for me after all?

Specs: Intel i7-4712MQ @2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce 840M with 2 GB RAM, Win 8.1 (I hate Win10), 1366x768 screen (the low res probably helps).

On the related note, are the melee animations still awful in R2, with sliding, stabbing the air to kill a guy 2 meters away and so on?

Default Re: Will this run R2 and how?

Just don't put it on ultra or very high grahic settings. Try from high to medium settings

Turn off supplementary stuff like heat graphics and shadows too.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Turn off supplementary stuff like heat graphics and shadows too.
    I really don't understand why some people want to play everything at ultra graphics settings. In the case of Rome 2: Total War even at medium settings the grahics don't look bad.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

My advice is that you shouldn't be too demanding in terms of graphics quality. Medium settings is enough so that the game doesn't look bad. I always play it at medium.