I give CA credit for trying to make Achilles temperamental like his historical counterpart, but the mechanics seem to be broken. After about 20 turns or so Achilles is in a total funk, which has a -50 affect on diplomatic interactions like bartering.

I love the bartering system. It's more fun than simply making trade deals with factions. Here you have the ability to trade away your surpluses (Achilles starts with a lot of wood) for the raw materials you need like bronze and gold.

Worked great early on, but now that Achilles is spending all of his time sulking, I can no longer trade goods with my friendly neighbors.

In the area where you can see Achilles' emotional levels it says he will continue to sulk if you keep him in garrison. But even when I have him attacking and conquering, it only adds to the number of turns with these negative effects.

I tried knocking off all of the challengers to his reputation of being the #1 badass, but that did not make a difference. Even though he has no challengers, and I keep him fighting constantly, he remains as temperamental as a rock star and is screwing up my economy.

Am I missing something? Or is Achilles broken?