Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Guides

Globus Cruciger's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Guides

Can we start with the macedonia, Thrace, Bulgaria and, let's say-bursan part? Since I plan on consolidating and plus the timurids wi invade so there is no chance of expanding any further i think it makes sense to start listing them first

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Depends when will have time, which is the reason why it hasn't been done yet. You can just look in export_descr_ancillaries

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Depends when will have time, which is the reason why it hasn't been done yet. You can just look in export_descr_ancillaries
    Are all beylerbeys/sanjakbeys etc posted here in the guides? If not please just add them to the list, you don't have to add the requirements. I just need them listed so I can find them easier in the export_descr_ancillaries file with 'find next'

Also, I noticed 'kefaliya of lovets(requires only lovets)' and 'alabey of lovets' kaza'(also requires only lovets)'? They both seem to be minor titles, why are they listed as kefaliya and as alabey?

Edit: I found everything, thanks.
    Last edited by Globus Cruciger; August 10, 2022 at 09:17 PM.

Unfortunately i don't have access to the game files at the moment so can't really help. But no, not all ancs are listed in the guides. But pretty much every settlement in Anatolia and the Balkans have an islamic anc. Some have sanjakbey others have alaybey, they are both minor. It's because some settlements weren't historically sanjaks but were lower lovel kazas. Kefaliya is a bulgarian/orthodox title.

About the conversion of settlements from castle to towns:

Im with Ragusa at turn 51 (dont know why the year doesnt shown in the UI). Conquered all the dalmatiacoast includind Pola in istria, destroyed Croatia etc.. Im allied with Hungary and Serbia and for quite a bit of turns at peace with Venice. Bosnia attacked me and I went for it because for the moment I don't have too many options for expansion in the mainland anyway. Conquered their capital Bobovac which is a castle. From what can I see their other 3 remaining settlements are other 2 castles and 1 town. Would you suggest converting at least one of the castles in towns because having so many castles in the area seems overdone a bit. Will that make for a bigger economic and population growth?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Kranos; October 08, 2022 at 12:56 PM.

Yes, generally converting to towns will assist with economic and population growth. But i don't think the difference is huge, we didn't make too many differences between towns and castles. We probably will make more in the future.

Not sure if those places all start as castles, it's possible the AI may have converted them.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Bosnia starts with only one town (Jajce), the rest are castles. I'd personally give them more towns

That's strange, not sure why it ended up like that. Agreed, we should convert at least 1 or even 2 of them to towns (Srebrenika and Doboj maybe).

Nice, I plan to play with them anyway. Bosnia has some very nice units and a compact start position with settlements very close to each other.

BTW, I haven't touched Med II campaign in ages (only got the game for EB II mod back then), so I don' t think I figured it out how to check\read the building trees for settlements in general, let alone to see what settlements will be lost when converting from castles to towns and vice versa. Any help on this, guys?
    Last edited by Kranos; October 14, 2022 at 01:26 PM.

Stip, Prilepos and the other obscured settlement are al castles too!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About 40% of settlements are castles. There's nothing wrong with that, castles give you access to the best troops while cities give you larger incomes

so, in general, what buildings are NOT lost when converting to a town and vice versa?

Most buildings aren't lost. They are about 95% the same.

What's wrong with Stip, Prilep being castles?
    Last edited by Wallachian; October 14, 2022 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Most buildings aren't lost. They are about 95% the same.

What's wrong with Stip, Prilep being castles?
    In reality prilep has a castle that is still preserved. On the campaign map prilep and stop are key cities for entry into macedonia, as is ohrid etc. Of course they shluld be castles

You said there is a relative balance between castles and cities but in the balcans there are a lot more castles than cities. But anyway, if you said there isn't a big difference, I shouldn't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    You said there is a relative balance between castles and cities but in the balcans there are a lot more castles than cities. But anyway, if you said there isn't a big difference, I shouldn't be bothered.
    Well the Balkans weren't too urbanized, so it makes sense that it has more castles than say Italy

How do I become duke/king of Bohemia

1345 or 1448 campaign?

1345, and why can't I become Roman emperor I have the Roman patriarch every around the city and in it itself (const), const is the capital, the emperor is there now it's the second ioannes.. I destroyed the other Roman faction

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Globus Cruciger View Post
    1345, and why can't I become Roman emperor I have the Roman patriarch every around the city and in it itself (const), const is the capital, the emperor is there now it's the second ioannes.. I destroyed the other Roman faction
    Have you met the land requirements?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast