Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - 1345 Campaign Release (version 2.2)

Foederatus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Release

I don't think you can recruit Anglovarangoi or Flamethrowers as the byzantines if you play the free campaign. Is this intentional?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Guys please stop writing the same posts in different threads. Please see the other thread for the answer.

There's so much to digest with this mod. Where to begin? The Palaiologoi are undoubtedly the most popular faction. While I no longer have much reason to believe I have Bavarian ancestry it's certainly interesting position being the last Holy Roman Emperor of the Wittelsbach dynasty for at least a few centuries to come.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Guys please stop writing the same posts in different threads. Please see the other thread for the answer.
    Oh, my internet bugged out and didn't show my post or the posts after so I assumed it didn't come through. My apologies, lol.

oh i wrote it in the wrong thread cuz i was on every thread sametime.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

It's out? Don't mind if I do

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Congrats, cannot believe I missed the release after following for so many years. well done all of you

Congrats on the release, the titanesque amount of work, and happy new year.

Hello everyone! Happy new year and Thank you so much for the released mod ! It is wonderfull!
    However, it has some bugs within Moldavian, Hungarian and Osman faction:

* First would be the bug with- no photo Character to Stefan the Great that apears in 205 turn, also he does not have family banner (Musat- Bogdanesti) like other historically personalities that apears in different factions.

* The names in Moldavian faction are all Wallachian - even modern romanian - like (Liviu, Laurentiu, Serban, Radu, Dan, Marius, Virgil....and no any Bogdan , Petru, Dragos, Alexandru, Stefan, Roman which were familiar to Moldavia at that period

* Would add from start of campaing to Costea Musat - 3 sons ( Petru Musat, Roman Musat,Stefan Musat) if possible since they became heirs to the throne from 1371 till 1399.

* I would suggest Janos Hunyadi to make family member with Corvin banner, which has 2 sons ( Laszlo Hunyadi and Matthias that becabe king) , not general, that way in the game, after several turns they have the change to be the rulling family.

* Ottoman Empire would suggest to make it the most powerfull AI and financial, military conquring faction. After the timurid invasion they are totally destroyed in the game, and they are week.

Overall, it is fascinating!
    if there are plans to make other mod addon with late period (1456-1546) , I can Help, since I have a campaing ordered and remade from - Fire and Sword mod for MTW 2.
    Thank you
    Wish you all the best!

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

My first reply in almost 10 years is to congratulate all of you for the release. It is splendid!

Just installed this release, will start playing with Croatia. Also on that hand, maybe the faction list in the OP needs to be updated, since Croatia isn't included in the list (maybe some other faction as well)?

Great work and I will recommend the mod to my friends and colleagues!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Great stuff!!!

You should check out the engine overhaul project and see if you could apply it.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support!

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Congrats on the release, the titanesque amount of work, and happy new year.
    Thanks a lot, miss you and your great knowledge! Your contribution has been invaluable!

Quote Originally Posted by Moldavian knight View Post
    However, it has some bugs within Moldavian, Hungarian and Osman faction:

* First would be the bug with- no photo Character to Stefan the Great that apears in 205 turn, also he does not have family banner (Musat- Bogdanesti) like other historically personalities that apears in different factions.
    This should be fixed in the next version.

* The names in Moldavian faction are all Wallachian - even modern romanian - like (Liviu, Laurentiu, Serban, Radu, Dan, Marius, Virgil....and no any Bogdan , Petru, Dragos, Alexandru, Stefan, Roman which were familiar to Moldavia at that period
    There definitely are the names Bogdan, Petru, Dragos, Alexandru and Roman in Moldavian faction. In fact, you can check descr_names and you will see all of them there. And of course several of the starting characters of Moldova have those names (Bogdan, Dragos). And there is actually a few differences in the name lists, for example in the Moldavian last names you will find some Lithuanian last names.

I do agree that some of the names you mentioned are modern ones and will be removed from both factions (Marius, Liviu, Virgil for example) and Laurentiu should only be for Wallachia (Laurentiu). However, you are incorrect when you say that names like Dan or Radu are only Wallachian ones. You are thinking only of Voivode names, however the name list is for all generals and includes both voivodes and regular generals. For example, there were several boyars in Moldova called Dan or Radu. Check out this document with boyars from the time of Stefan the Great and before him with Moldavian boyars such as Radu Pisc (1438 - 1465) or Dan Uncleata vameşul (1421–1436) https://www.analeleputnei.ro/wp-cont...riu-Lefter.pdf

* Would add from start of campaing to Costea Musat - 3 sons ( Petru Musat, Roman Musat,Stefan Musat) if possible since they became heirs to the throne from 1371 till 1399.
    We could possibly do this, but not sure if these sons were born before 1345.

Currently, we don't even have a script to switch from the Dragosesti to the Bogdan-Musat royal families.

* I would suggest Janos Hunyadi to make family member with Corvin banner, which has 2 sons ( Laszlo Hunyadi and Matthias that becabe king) , not general, that way in the game, after several turns they have the change to be the rulling family.
    It is not that easy to create family trees of spawned characters in the regular way, it is also very difficult to even make them become next heir.

We currently only have 4 noble families per faction. Currently we don't want to add more than 4. The idea in the future is to replace the ruling family with scripts, for example replace the Anjou family with Luxembourg family first and then with Jaggielon family and then with Corvinus family. We have taken the first step with having Sigismund of Luxembourg as spawning character which will be married to an Anjou princess. But the rest entails quite a lot of scripting work and we don't have the manpower.

* Ottoman Empire would suggest to make it the most powerfull AI and financial, military conquring faction. After the timurid invasion they are totally destroyed in the game, and they are week.
    Balancing is very hard because every campaign is different. Some players complained about the Ottomans being too strong.

There is also so much that we can do to help the AI due to the game being very old. The best we can do is give the Ottoman AI more spanwed troops and scripts to help them.

Overall, it is fascinating!
    if there are plans to make other mod addon with late period (1456-1546) , I can Help, since I have a campaing ordered and remade from - Fire and Sword mod for MTW 2.
    Thank you
    Wish you all the best!
    Thank you for your kind words!

I really would love to have a late period campaign. But not starting with 1456 but rather with late 1440s or early 1450s probably so that we can cover the fall of Constantinople too.

But if you already have a campaign remade from Fire and Sword perhaps it can be adapted. What did you change? Did you change all characters for all factions? Do you know how to mod characters and settlement ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Also on that hand, maybe the faction list in the OP needs to be updated, since Croatia isn't included in the list (maybe some other faction as well)?
    Thank you. Updated.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    It is not that easy to create family trees of spawned characters in the regular way, it is also very difficult to even make them become next heir.
    As far as I know, it's not difficult, it's impossible. Spawned family members get randomly thrown into an existing family tree, no way to create a new one for him.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm continuing through my Palaiologoi campaign, now in 1391 and continuing to thoroughly enjoy.

I've waited for Tsardoms for years, and I can honestly say I don't think I've played such a well fleshed out mod since the first release of EB2. Absolutely brilliant stuff, guys- I'm looking forward to future releases and updates!

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

How far were you able to expand?
    I am now taking Osman provinces. I decided before retaking Greece to take Anatolia first starting with Osmanlis.

In my playthrough I consolidated macedonia with the help of my allies, even paying them to give back Kantakouzeno's land. Sadly, Ioannes the 5th died from the plague so the rulership passed on to the hands of his brother. The remnants of the Kantakouzenoi remain in the pelloponesse, stuggling for survival againt the Catalans. Genoa decided to betray me half the way through the civil war, though I beat them back easily and got Galata back into Roman hands. 30 or so turns later, their faction was destroyed (presumably by loss of noblemen), so I rashed to the isle of Chios to capture its fortress. As for the Turks, they almost made a breakthrough in europe (with the help of a particular event), though with some last minute army ralling and garrison dispaching I was able to throw them back into Anatolia. Then follows lots of stack killing and a slow, grindy war. To try and break this I decided to risk it all in one attack, so I gathered all my quality troops and headed on to Prusa for a suprise attack on the capital. With the help of some newly built cannons, I sacked the capital. Then, at the last minute, Serbia decided to backstab me for the land I bought from them and so now Bulgaria and I must face the Dusans.
    All in all the best mod I have played so far. The already present wars and alliances at the start make you struggle to keep the balance between personal gain and good relations. At the point you think the campaign has stalled, an event or a new opportunity for conquest makes you want to keep going. The battles are well balanced, with an emphasys on the power of heavy cavalry. Skirmishers have been nerfed, which puts some well deserved weight on the infantry.
    10/10 with my highest recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    How far were you able to expand?
    I am now taking Osman provinces. I decided before retaking Greece to take Anatolia first starting with Osmanlis.
    Im playing ottoman now and im so lost.
    Ther rebel settlements are full of armies,the early units are so weak and i dont know for whom to go.
    I killed the early bizantine armies but when i attack constantinople they ar so OP.
    I tried to take galata from genova and they had 3 units against my full army and i only have like 2:1 LOL.

ou struggle to keep the balance between personal gain and good relations.
    I know right