Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - 1345 Campaign Release (version 2.2)

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Release

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    I thought I would finally try this mod out after all the years it's been developed and no dice...I have no problem playing divide and conquer, why do I feel stupid about this. Ive tried all the tricks, it won't let me manage the kingdoms game in steam, it's linked to medieval 2 and I can't change the path of kingdoms, so you want me to replace one of the"americas" campaigns with tsardom trick I'm guessing? Why most mods have gotten past this dilemna, should not have wasted 3 hours trying 2 get this mod working to no avail this stage of the game developement.

Have you put --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms-2.2 in Set Launch Options for the game?
    casuses fatal error same as above
    I'm sorry to hear that. But I have no idea how an installation would take 3 hours, the issues you mention are not related to the mod. The mod has been out for over 2 years with no issues. There must be some issues with your base game installation or system setup.

The launch via set launch options works perfectly fine. Or you can just launch via the bat file but it's not recommended. You can even see this video how it is launched via the bat file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SMM...=CelticWarband

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - 1345 Campaign Release (version 2.2)

Copy medieval2 exe and rename the copy kindgdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Copy medieval2 exe and rename the copy kindgdoms
    Yeah I tried that, and i realize that the other option may be true, there may be some issue with my installation, but I just got stainless steel to work on 1st attempt and have several other mods. Also could be a corrupted download. I just thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas I'll try running the bat. file but I just put too muc time into getting this to work at this point I'm egg sauce dead!

Take a look again here and see if you did everything correct

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2056929356

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Release

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Yeah the late campaign is the new version... If you liked the immersion of the early era, you are going to love the late one
    Just wanted to clear a slight confusion. The new version you say will be the 1448 campaign will also include the old 1348 campaign all in one or if one wants to play the older campaign needs to keep the older version? Is the upcoming version only gonna include the 1448 start? or both?

The 1448 campaign is completely separate from the 1345 one. It's a separate mod folder, it's pretty much a different mod because the map and factions are different.

The 1345 campaign will get an update to add all the new improvements at one point in the future.

Playing as Roman Empire and game keeps crashing several turns in the campaign even with the 4gb patch installed. Never had issues like this with Broken Crescent or Stainless Steel. What’s up with this issue?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Huh, the 1345 campaign is pretty darn stable. Could you provide more specific feedback? Like, what's the AI doing? Are you attacking a specific settlement, for example?

Anyhow, the release of the 1448 campaign is still very fresh, but I can't wait for the 1345 campaign to get updated with the 1448 features and improvements.

Hats off to this team for keeping Med2 mods alive and relevant.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; August 01, 2023 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Huh, the 1345 campaign is pretty darn stable. Could you provide more specific feedback? Like, what's the AI doing? Are you attacking a specific settlement, for example?

Anyhow, the release of the 1448 campaign is still very fresh, but I can't wait for the 1345 campaign to get updated with the 1448 features and improvements.

Hats off to this team for keeping Med2 mods alive and relevant.
    Unfortunately, there is a minority of people that experience problems. It all depends on the computer that is used to run Tsardoms.

Mods like Broken Crescent and Stainless Steel don't have the high level of detailed models nor the scripts that Tsardoms have. So they are a lot more stable.

True. These hand-crafted visuals are no joke. It's definitely a far-cry from vanilla M2TW.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa1794 View Post
    Playing as Roman Empire and game keeps crashing several turns in the campaign even with the 4gb patch installed. Never had issues like this with Broken Crescent or Stainless Steel. What’s up with this issue?
    Try installing 4GB patch and running it via Steam launcher

i just started to play the game which year Bayezid I appears?

I think around 1375 - 1380 he appears.

Just be careful with the old 1345 campaign because there are some old unsolved issues in it.

Happy New Years, team!

I wanted to extend heartfelt thanks for the hard work put into this. Even today, imo it stands as the best example of what can be done with Medieval 2; a game which embodies TW at its finest. This mod is polished, stable and immersive (not to mention scrubbed free of those ugly vanilla models). I've perused through all of the other 'top' Medieval 2 mods and only 1 or 2 of them come anywhere near the experience provided by this late-medieval epic. Admittedly, I knew very little about the history of the Balkans and Central Europe during the late middle ages; but this mod broadened the scope of my understanding of that period and provided a highly enjoyable, interactive experience to boot. Cheers!

I hope 2024 brings us more Tsardoms--both for the 1345 campaign (my personal favorite) and the 1448 campaign.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; January 03, 2024 at 03:36 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I second wholeheartedly those sentiments

Thank you, sir!

Nothing but respect and admiration for those still modding and contributing to the amazing legacy of MTW2. Fewer and fewer people are still actually working MTW2 mods--making Tsardoms all the more special.

Any chance we can get up update of things to come in 2024?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you for your very kind words!

Nothing major to report so far, hopefully we can have some updates soon

Happy New Year, everyone!

It's been quite a while. Every now and then I quietly check how things are going over here, and I am happy each time I see this cherished project is alive and well.
    I feel very satisfied and proud to know I made important contributions to this mod I loved so much, and it's really satisfying to know this great team is still improving and expanding it.

The main reason I came here is to show you guys something I've been working on in the past few days just to exercise my dormant "creative modder" side a bit

Watch it with sound:

I made this just for fun, and as a proof of concept and implemented in game just to test it. What do you guys think?

PS: I needed to choose a faction to create this, Wallachia was choosen as an homage to our dear @Wallachian

All the best to you all!
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Great to hear from you kanteljic and what a masterpiece video! Absolutely love it!

Which tool did you use for the narration?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by kanteljic View Post
    Happy New Year, everyone!

It's been quite a while. Every now and then I quietly check how things are going over here, and I am happy each time I see this cherished project is alive and well.
    I feel very satisfied and proud to know I made important contributions to this mod I loved so much, and it's really satisfying to know this great team is still improving and expanding it.

The main reason I came here is to show you guys something I've been working on in the past few days just to exercise my dormant "creative modder" side a bit

Watch it with sound:

I made this just for fun, and as a proof of concept and implemented in game just to test it. What do you guys think?

PS: I needed to choose a faction to create this, Wallachia was choosen as an homage to our dear @Wallachian

All the best to you all!
    That is what i had in mind for all TGC factions presentation. When you will be done with Tsardoms would you like to make such videos for TGC also?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.