Thread: Adding new buildings?

Default Adding new buildings?

I was thinking about Adunabar's options as it relates to city specialization and thought it was odd that a splinter-kingdom trying to establish its own state wouldn't be able to make a Mint building like the RK can. Is it as simple as adding a new building by copy-pasting the stats, changing faction names and giving it text/listings, or are there potential pitfalls with AI or ancillaries or anything like that? I don't wanna risk my game crashing just for a few extra bucks a turn.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Adding new buildings?

Hey mate, without double checking the exact situation (like whether or not Adunabar's city specialization tree is full already) it should be possible to do what you're asking. If you look carefully at how the existing buildings are set up and make sure you copy the code so that it works properly you shouldn't run into any issues. As far as ancillaries go, unless you edit those as well (and it would be pretty straightforward to go through and look for references to the royal mint building and add your new building to the triggers) you may miss out on some with the new building, but it wouldn't case any crashes.