Thread: Bug Reports - whats wrong, whats missing, what to correct: post here

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Bug Reports - whats wrong, whats missing, what to correct: post here

Just as the title says, please post here if you found any bugs in the mod that you want to report.

Remember that any such bug that we can eliminate will make the mod more stable, so if you encounter something that you think is a bug, please report here.
    This will help us to create a better mod version.

Some known issues that people have already reported:

- missing models/textures for siege crews (silver surfers)

- missing unit sprites (graphic files responsible for displaying units from large distances)

- Luskanite Spearmen animations / coding

- In battle_models.modeldb the unit "unthercav1" is added twice

Post any issues that are related to technical problems with the mod, any missing graphics or other elements, any elements that seem not to work correctly etc.

Thanks everyone for your help!
    Last edited by Vladyvid; August 12, 2020 at 12:32 PM.

Centenarius

Default Re: Bug Reports - whats wrong, whats missing, what to correct: post here

EDIT: Added possible solution to Luskanite Spearmen bug

1) In battle_models.modeldb the unit "unthercav1" is added twice

2) About the Luskanite Spearmen issue: I have done some tests and found a possible solution. The problem here is neither the model nor the animations but the formation assigned to this unit in the EDU, the "phalanx" (spear wall) formation. Other units with the same issue are the Alabaster Throne Auxilia and the Unther Serpent Guard. In my tests i found that if you remove or replace the "phalanx" formation with shield_wall, these units will behave correctly in battle. Since the "phalanx" formation works correctly when assigned to Flaming Fists Guards, Orc Heavy Warband and Shieldsar Halberdiers, i guess that it was meant to be assigned to units that use the pike or halberd animations in the vanilla game; that's probably why it does not work with the spear animation.
    Last edited by Warcrafthero; August 13, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Bug Reports - whats wrong, whats missing, what to correct: post here

Thanks mate! Added to the list for the record, i will correct it. Thanks again for the find, + rep.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

The Serpent Guards are still not corrected in the 0.2 release, as I fixed them myself recently in that build- the others seem to be corrected.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal