Thread: Bombin the public

Default Bombin the public

Dont you think its ace how thee world trade, pentagon and three london buses were blown up by their own governments......
    Discuss.:hmmm:

Default Re: Bombin the public

If you're going to make a provocative statement like that and have any desire to receive a intelligent response, I suggest posting some sort of evidence to back yourself up.
    Last edited by Erich von Manstein; January 24, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

I think you need to observe a bit closer
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Yes, it is ace indeed. Honky dory in fact. Just honky dory.

And.... closed for stupidity.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Observer View Post
    Dont you think its ace how thee world trade, pentagon and three london buses were blown up by their own governments......
    What exactly are you insinuateing?

Quote Originally Posted by General Dissaray View Post
    What exactly are you insinuateing?
    The classic "Bush blew up the WTC; those were Scuds, not planes!" argument. For more information, I suggest watching the South Park episode mocking the argument and all of its adherents.
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

are you.....serious?
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Manstein16 View Post
    The classic "Bush blew up the WTC; those were Scuds, not planes!" argument. For more information, I suggest watching the South Park episode mocking the argument and all of its adherents.
    Thanks for clearing that up there. I am rather well vecsed in the "alternat theorys" though I think this is the first time I have heard of missles coming into play. I have heard the "G-men" planted explosives in the biuldings befor the plains hit them, G-men and explosives that no one ever saw. Or specialy modified remot controll plains. Some of these stories are nice to hear, good for a laff you know?

mrjesushat's Avatar (son of mrgodhat)
    Left of center, but Right of wherever you are.

The frightening thing is that the thread starter just dropped this "bomb" and moved on. It was designed for effect, and nothing more. Someone should close this thread before it gets too weird for Prime Time.
    Of the House of Wilpuri, with pride. Under the patronage of the most noble Garbarsardar, who is the bomb-digety.

Biarchus

I don't think he has broke any rules has he? If that is the caise shouldn't the thred stay open untill there is cause for it to get shut down?

I don't think he has broke any rules has he? If that is the caise shouldn't the thred stay open untill there is cause for it to get shut down?

how about...... its totally false? Spam? just because? :hmmm:
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

If we start flaming each other with the intent of getting the thread closed would that work?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Biarchus

I guess that would do it. But now that you posted that it is hard to say if it will work.

mrjesushat's Avatar (son of mrgodhat)
    Left of center, but Right of wherever you are.

Well, our other option is to entertain the notion and post evidence according to our inclinations or curiousities or beliefs.

Here, check this out. I post it out of a morbid interest in statistical data:

http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=855
    Of the House of Wilpuri, with pride. Under the patronage of the most noble Garbarsardar, who is the bomb-digety.

CyberFist's Avatar Semisalis

Well, even if this conspiratorial nonsense had actually occured, I fail to see why it would be 'ace'.

The entire basis of almost every contemporary conspiracy theory I have been exposed to has been "Who gains?"

Paranoids ask these questions of every major world event and once they have decided who benefits the most from the occurence, blame that organisation. Having found a suitable "enemy", they then search for hundreds of small snippets of 'evidence', which while unrelated, when conveyed together and without opposing 'evidence' (which may number in the millions), can appear to be quite convincing arguments. And the unrestrained abundance of mouthpieces for this tripe (i.e. the internet) have given these theories a reach far beyond their value.

The problem here is that the logical process works in reverse.

Who "gains" from 9/11?

Bush (at least initially).

The military-industrial corporations (Haliburton etc).

Israel.

It is no accident that these are the main 3 conspiracy theories related to 9/11.

It is equivalent to saying "Who gained from the Holocaust?" Answer: "The Jews, because they created Israel as a result."

Using this logic, the Jews were actually in cahoots with Hitler to have their own people gassed and murdered so that after said dictator was defeated they could have their Israel.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Ace, just ace.

Also, isn't it just swell how aliens landed in the 40's and gave us the technology for microwave ovens and microchips?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

I suppose having no moderators, while generally proven excellent for the discussions on this forum, also has it drawbacks.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by onion.com
    New Oliver Stone 9/11 Film Introduces 'Single Plane' Theory
    August 8, 2006 | Issue 42•32

NEW YORK—Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone said Monday that his new film World Trade Center unveils "compelling and controversial" new evidence that a single plane was responsible for all four collisions in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania on Sept. 11, 2001.

"There's no way anyone can ever deny there was only one plane."
    "Get ready to go through the looking glass here, people," Stone told reporters at a Manhattan press conference before an advance screening of the movie, which premieres Wednesday. "The film you are about to see is going to blow the lid off the 9/11 Commission's official report and expose a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of government."

World Trade Center, which stars Nicolas Cage as a dedicated Port Authority officer who stumbles on secret evidence amid the rubble and carnage of the terrorist attack, tells a story quite different from what Stone called "the official government line" about the event. According to the film, at 8:46 a.m., a lone commercial airliner flew diagonally through the North Tower of the World Trade Center, maintained a circular holding pattern for approximately 17 minutes, then struck the South Tower before heading to the Pentagon.

Stone
    After its collision with the center of American military operations, the so-called "magic plane"—which variously and ingeniously identified itself to air-traffic controllers as "American Airlines Flight 11," "United Airlines Flight 175," "American Airlines Flight 77" and "United Airlines Flight 93"—took to the skies once again, landing at a top-secret "black-ops" Air Force base in West Virginia, where it was reloaded with a group of clones from another shadowy government program that Stone described as "shocking."

Stone, who said he did not have time to explore the clone angle in the three-and-a-half-hour film, plans to do so in the sequel, September 12.

In a gripping sequence, undercover agents transmit pre-recorded cell-phone messages intended to fool loved ones and relatives with a false cover story as the aircraft heads to its final, prearranged crash site in the fields of southwestern Pennsylvania.

Viewers of the advance screening agreed that the most striking and pivotal scene was Cage's character's discovery of security-camera footage that affirmed the single-plane theory. Showing his skeptical but supportive wife the footage frame by frame, Cage notices that the so-called "first" plane, which, according to official, whitewashed reports, detonated upon impact with the North Tower in the initial collision, actually banks "back and to the left, circling for about 17 minutes, and then diving into the other tower." He repeats the phrase over and over in increasing intensity, toggling back and forth between individual frames while the music swells and the emotional drama rises to a fever pitch.

"After seeing that sequence, there's no way anyone can ever deny again that there was only one plane in the airspace over the eastern seaboard that morning," Stone said.

"I am the most important filmmaker working today," he added.

Early public reaction to the film has been skeptical. Many 9/11 conspiracy theorists claim Stone is presenting an exploitative, far-fetched, and manipulative Hollywood version of the pain and suffering—including eye strain and carpal tunnel syndrome—they have undergone during their countless hours on the Internet in the tragedy's aftermath.

Despite the controversy, Stone stands by his film. "This is a story that needs to be told, in a reality that only I can bring to the big screen," Stone said. "I realize it will be hard to accept for those unable to confront the truth, but I can't hide my head in the sand like some goddamn ostrich. To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Quote Originally Posted by onion.com
    Conspiracy Theorist Has Elaborate Explanation For Why He's Single
    March 13, 2006 | Issue 42•11

SIOUX FALLS, SD—In light of a broken engagement two years ago, area school-bus driver and longtime conspiracy enthusiast Robert Ericsson outlined an intricate theory to reporters Tuesday to explain his failure to begin a new relationship.

"I am alone today due to the covert machinations of dozens, possibly hundreds of women in several countries," Ericsson, 38, said. "What we are looking at is a plot of epic proportions, which may seem counterintuitive, but that is, in fact, precisely what they would like you to believe."

Ericsson gathers relevant evidence on the Internet.
    Ericsson said he began to suspect a "hidden hand" at work during the months following his 2004 breakup with then-fiancée Sara Osborne, when potential dates routinely refused to return his calls or e-mails.

Ericsson cites a comprehensive archive of past-girlfriend-related historical evidence that he has collected over the past 10 years. Ericsson, considered the top Robert Ericsson romantic-failure expert in the country, has spent years studying the hundreds of letters, photographs, receipts, gifts, and videotapes of himself with former girlfriends, looking for a common pattern.

The focus of Ericsson's current research is the six-day period preceding his breakup with Osborne back in March 2004.

"According to phone-company records, I called Sara at exactly 7:34 p.m. on March 8, 2004, and asked her to have dinner with me—which she agreed to do after a quick shower," Ericsson said. "Twelve minutes later, at 7:46 p.m., Sara called to say she had 'changed her mind' about dinner, but wanted to come to my apartment to 'deliver some news.'"

It was there that Osborne announced that she no longer wished to marry Ericsson.

Ericsson continued: "What happened in that 12-minute gap? What—or who—got to her? And why won't she release her phone records to me?"

Ericsson said a "coordinated, secret, high-level effort" is the only plausible explanation.

"There are wheels within wheels," he said.

Even the date, March 8, 2004, sounds alarm bells, Ericsson said. "March 8 is the 67th day in the Gregorian calendar," Ericsson said. "Pope Gregory XIII was a subject familiar to Sara, who minored in Renaissance history in college. Also, if you add the numbers 3, 8, and 2,004, you get 2,015. Add 2, 0, 1, and 5, and once again, you get 8—exactly the number of women I dated exclusively before I met Sara."

Others targeted by Ericsson as conspiracy players include a female dispatcher who works for his bus company, his mother, and a waitress he asked out three months ago. Ericsson has even traced the conspiracy to figures in the highest echelons of American society, including former Cosmopolitan editor Helen Gurley Brown, Oprah Winfrey, and the TV series Sex And The City.

Recently, Ericsson examined a newly unearthed 1997 video of him and then-girlfriend Donna Soderblum at his sister's wedding. According to Ericsson, repeated slow-motion viewings revealed a telling detail.

"See that sneer and eye-roll on Donna's face, after she turns away from me and goes back to talking to my sister?" Ericsson said. "It's all there in frames 336 through 408."

Longtime friend Keith Warren agrees that Ericsson's single status is not a fluke, but he rejects Ericsson's analysis.

Said Warren: "I explain all of Bob's difficulties in my meticulously researched and voluminously footnoted 'Lone Wardrobe Theory.'"

Ericsson dismissed Warren's analysis. "Warren's theory is interesting, but it has a long way to go in explaining why I've remained single for more than two years. There is no explanation why, for example, I am rejected by women even when I go out to bars," he said.

"Also, lots of men fit that description," he added, "including Sara's current boyfriend, Burke."

An 18-page manifesto that explains Ericsson's theory in more detail is available for free download from his website.
    These two articles immediately came to mind...
    Last edited by Farnan; January 25, 2007 at 08:56 AM.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

After recieving a complaint about this thread and noticing no real discussion has taken place except spamming and random conspiracy theories I declare this closed. :wink:

PM me if you want it reopening.