Thread: Should these diplomacy offers/demands be added in Rome 2 Total War?

Default Should these diplomacy offers/demands be added in Rome 2 Total War?

How about requesting a single city or even a entire province to a faction? Also the other way round: offering a city or province.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: Should these diplomacy offers/demands be added in Rome 2 Total War?

Quote Originally Posted by twgamer20197 View Post
    How about requesting a single city or even a entire province to a faction? Also the other way round: offering a city or province.
    No thanks. AI can't handle it and it's too easily exploited by the player. Also would make completing provinces too easy. Some Total War games have this feature and I've never liked it, so have no wish to see it back. Sorry.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    No thanks. AI can't handle it and it's too easily exploited by the player. Also would make completing provinces too easy. Some Total War games have this feature and I've never liked it, so have no wish to see it back. Sorry.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Exactly, the Rome I Ai sold cities, which made in 10 turns 5000 denarii for once 500 denarii.

It was too easy exploitable.

So no thanks.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I agree with Welsh Dragon and Morticia Iunia Bruti, it would be exploitable.

If you keep sending characters on diplomatic missions, eventually a faction will give you a region (you don't get to choose which region.) This happens quite rarely and even then I feel a bit like I'm getting a region through an exploit.

But what if it's a very hard agreement ( unless you pay them a huge amount of money such as fifty thousand coins ( as a minimum to stand some chance that the proposal is accepted ) to reach with everyone in the game?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

It will only delay exploitability in late game when you already earn huge sums, so that 50000 is no problem. AI can't t handle region trade properly you always must program concrete conditions for their decisions and huge sum is relative.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Yup exactly...Empire/Napoleon. Either it was useless (faction not selling for 100k+ even millions despite loosing wars, need for cash...) or ridiculous (getting some undevelop land on opposite side of world for 500golds..). So exactly like all pointed here. Even harsh conditions are just postponing problem...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It is absurd. Should only be client states.

The only way I can see it work is if it's a settlement/settlement trade. Cash can be used to supplement the deal, but you need to give up a region of your own to trade. It's still exploitable, but it take more effort IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    The only way I can see it work is if it's a settlement/settlement trade. Cash can be used to supplement the deal, but you need to give up a region of your own to trade. It's still exploitable, but it take more effort IMO.
    Yes. For example you have just one settement of a province. And another faction has the settlement you need to complete a province. That would be great.