Thread: Epirote Dynastic Administration outside of Epirus and Greece?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Epirote Dynastic Administration outside of Epirus and Greece?

SO I was wondering, is it possible to build dynastic administration building outside of Epirus? I'm playing Epirus (Obviously) and I've conquered most of Greece and Macedonia (vassilizing the Koinion) and much of Anatolia (I've also vassilized Pergamon as well) and, for role playing purposes, I've moved my capital to Byzantion (which I'm, planning on renaming to something more appropriate, perhaps Aeacidia or Pyrrhosopolis? Ideas would also be appreciated) and I'm wanting to build my elite units from the there, but I can only get supervised Helenic Administration building and foreign conscription buildings. Is there a way to be able to build Dynastic Administration buildings there at all?
    Cheers!

Default Re: Epirote Dynastic Administration outside of Epirus and Greece?

You can build it in Sicily and Tarentum/Taras, at least. Never tried to nest in Byzantion, but building browser is pretty bad at showing where you can build Basilike Patris. At the very least you need a high level of Hellenistic Culture and Hellenic military colonies to build Basilike Patris. If you can't build Hellenic military colonies then it's impossible to build Dynastic Administration there.

I've renamed Roma as Aetospolis a few times. Names associated with Achilles and the color red would be fitting as well.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Cool, thanks good to know! So far I've not had any luck with it... also I've noticed that Byzantion's name keeps reverting back to Byzantion the turn following the city rename... has anyone else had this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Cool, thanks good to know! So far I've not had any luck with it... also I've noticed that Byzantion's name keeps reverting back to Byzantion the turn following the city rename... has anyone else had this issue?
    Anywhere with a scripted rename will be set to that name, regardless of what you choose to name it. Byzantion is one of the settlements on that long list.

Yep. I've also had this issue, though not with Byzantion. I can also confirm that controlling Byzantion as SPQR changes it's name to Byzantium.

After a bit of messing around, it seems like you aren't able to install Dynastic Administration in Byzantion, at least not as Makedon/Antigonides.

Is it possible to install a Basilike Patris in Rome, though? It'd be a nice crowning to my current campaign to eventually build it there after the place is properly hellenised.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

TBH, I dunno. I usually drop the Epeiros campaign after conquering Rome. I'm guessing the answer to that is a no, because Latium is firmly not Greek territory. I'm pretty sure you can build a Basilike Patris in Taras (because I've done it in one of my pre-3.5 Epeiros playthroughs,) so you can still carry out Pyrrhos' plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Is it possible to install a Basilike Patris in Rome, though? It'd be a nice crowning to my current campaign to eventually build it there after the place is properly hellenised.
    The export_descr_buildings has the following line of code for Dynastic Administration

epeiros7 city requires factions { f_epeiros, } and not building_present govallied and building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_two and building_present_min_level colony_hellenistic helcol_two and event_counter ecBuild_epeiros7 1 and hidden_resource hellen1 or hidden_resource greek1 or hidden_resource royal_core
    So a ton of requirements. You need to first pick a region that has the required hidden resources. Basically any historically Hellenized or significant province. Next, your empire must be large enough to support the addition of more Dynastic Administrations. By default you can support 1. At 12 settlements you can have 2, and at 25, 3. BE WARNED: do NOT dequeue the Dynastic Administration once you've queued it, or the empire size script will PERMANENTLY lose track of it. Finally, you must Hellenize the crap out of it. A level 2 poleis and level 2 Hellenistic colony are required, totaling at 3 colony points. Unfortunately to answer your question, Roma cannot support a BP, since it was neither historically Hellenized nor is a "royal core". Try poking around descr_regions and descr_strat to see which settlements fulfill the hidden resource requirement

Pyrrheia is the name you're looking for. Edit the text files to make the renaming script use the name you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    The export_descr_buildings has the following line of code for Dynastic Administration

So a ton of requirements. You need to first pick a region that has the required hidden resources. Basically any historically Hellenized or significant province. Next, your empire must be large enough to support the addition of more Dynastic Administrations. By default you can support 1. At 12 settlements you can have 2, and at 25, 3. BE WARNED: do NOT dequeue the Dynastic Administration once you've queued it, or the empire size script will PERMANENTLY lose track of it. Finally, you must Hellenize the crap out of it. A level 2 poleis and level 2 Hellenistic colony are required, totaling at 3 colony points. Unfortunately to answer your question, Roma cannot support a BP, since it was neither historically Hellenized nor is a "royal core". Try poking around descr_regions and descr_strat to see which settlements fulfill the hidden resource requirement

Well, if Latins can't give me BP then Genuosion is going to stay a Hellenised backwater. I've no need for them if they can't return the investment.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Well, if Latins can't give me BP then Genuosion is going to stay a Hellenised backwater. I've no need for them if they can't return the investment.
    Ehh, you could still build up to a Supervised Hellenic Administration, which unlocks pretty much all building options. Not exactly backwater material. I wholly understand though if you want to punish the Latins for not allowing the Epeirote royal court to be held in Roma.