Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new campaings, DLC's and packs would you suggest for Rome 2 Total War?

Default What new campaings, DLC's and packs would you suggest for Rome 2 Total War?

For example, how about adding both the Persians and the Medians as playable factions in the Grand Campaign mode? Or how about adding the historical whole Alexander's campaign with both the Indian and the Persian factions added as playable?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; August 04, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: What new campaings, DLC's and packs would you suggest for Rome 2 Total War?

Medians, Mauryans, Cyrenaica for GC. I said in another thread not so long ago it'll be nice to expand the GC map to include more Mauryan territory.

for a Separated campaign -

Alexander Campaign is not a bad idea. The map can be focus around Greece and Thrace in the NW, Egypt and Cyrene in the SW to Bactra with the Hindu Kush and the Indus Valley in the east.

Default Re: What new campaings, DLC's and packs would you suggest for Rome 2 Total War?

Yes. And if you play the Alexander campaign as either the Indians or the Persians, you can rewrite history at your own like.

Another good idea would be to create a new separate game for the Total War franchise:

Focusing in the eras before the Romans even existed. The game should contain these playable fations: the Egyptians, the Hittites, the Phoenicians, the Babylonians, the Summerians, the Chaldeans, the Assyrians, the Medians, the Persians, different Greek factions in the historical campaign when the Battle of the Thermopylae took place.
    Last edited by twgamer20197; August 04, 2020 at 05:26 PM.

Agreed, but that would also be perfect for a new TW game about the Bronze age or early iron. I can image the Campaign map would be more focused on Greece, Egypt/Kush, Anatolia, Levant, Mesopotamia to western Iran.

For other DLC campaigns focused in the RTW2 era -

Seleucid - Mauryan War. The Campaign map can be focused on eastern Iran to western India.

Quote Originally Posted by The0bserver View Post
    Agreed, but that would also be perfect for a new TW game about the Bronze age or early iron. I can image the Campaign map would be more focused on Greece, Egypt/Kush, Anatolia, Levant, Mesopotamia to western Iran.

For other DLC campaigns focused in the RTW2 era -

Seleucid - Mauryan War. The Campaign map can be focused on eastern Iran to western India.
    Maybe the new game should be called "Total War: Bronze & Iron Age". I forgot to mention the Hebrews. I don't know if it's worth it to include them as a playable faction at least because once they established themselves in Israel, the didn't seek to expand anymore. They just stayed there despite they had wars against the Philistines for example

I've always wanted more factions that start out as satrapies/client states. Cyprus, Persia, Libya, etc.

Also more flavor and factions for the Germans. At least one more faction, anyway.

Caesar's Civil War would also have been a fun Campaign, or better yet, that short time between his death and the Octavian's Triumvirate.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Yes, starting as a client state is an interesting challenge, and more campaigns starting in that situation would be fun. I enjoyed playing as Athens with the choice of whether to fight or remain loyal to Macedon. I tried what seemed like the less obvious choice and was happy to discover that, after expanding and fighting alongside Macedon, I could use diplomacy to stop being a client state and become an ally of Macedon instead, without needing to fight my overlords.

I agree that more Germanic factions would have been good. Obviously, Caesar's Civil War would have been close to the Imperator Augustus time period, so I wonder what this would have offered which the Imperator Augustus campaign doesn't - is there a particularly interesing or challenging aspect of the earlier civil war, or the time afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I've always wanted more factions that start out as satrapies/client states. Cyprus, Persia, Libya, etc.

Also more flavor and factions for the Germans. At least one more faction, anyway.

Caesar's Civil War would also have been a fun Campaign, or better yet, that short time between his death and the Octavian's Triumvirate.
    For example, how about the Cimbrii as a playable faction in Grand Campaign? Or in a new campaign focused during the Cimbrian wars

something in northern europe, make the nordic factions separated from the germanic like in attila, and give them new units

Let me tell you something guys:

I hope someone related to the team or company that developed/created the game reads this thread and takes note of all our ideas
    Last edited by twgamer20197; August 09, 2020 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twgamer20197 View Post
    Yes. And if you play the Alexander campaign as either the Indians or the Persians, you can rewrite history at your own like.

Another good idea would be to create a new separate game for the Total War franchise:

Focusing in the eras before the Romans even existed. The game should contain these playable fations: the Egyptians, the Hittites, the Phoenicians, the Babylonians, the Summerians, the Chaldeans, the Assyrians, the Medians, the Persians, different Greek factions in the historical campaign when the Battle of the Thermopylae took place.
    I forgot the Pre-Hellenic civilizations

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

I'd definitely like to see more playable Britannic Tribes and Germanic Tribes, maybe at least a couple of each.

As for other campaigns, Alexander is a popular choice, though whether we'd have it as a campaign DLC or a Saga title I'm not sure. I think the best idea I've seen for this is to combine Alexander and the Diadochi Wars into a single campaign. Give Macedon extra bonuses while Alexander is alive, but also reliant on continued success and expansion to keep it all together. Then have a late game where Alexander's death (or some other breakdown between his generals) triggers his empire to break apart, leading to his top generals each leading their own factions (built upon the Civil War system but more complex.) Playing a non-Macedonian faction could be about trying to survive and hold out against the juggernaut that is Alexander's Macedon, finding a way to work with him as an ally, or being conquered and becoming a satrapy with the possibility that you can break away when you get the chance.

Not sure what other campaign options I'd like to see, though perhaps doing something more along the line of Caesar in Gaul, focused on a single military campaign from the era in a relatively small but detailed area could be fun.

But I'd be happy with any new content for Rome 2, though I accept that ship has almost certainly sailed. Still a man can dream.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    I'd definitely like to see more playable Britannic Tribes and Germanic Tribes, maybe at least a couple of each.
    Since I suppose you're Welsh:
    What were the tribes that inhabited in Wales during both the Roman Republic and Empire eras? And did they put up resistance to the Roman occupation?

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    What were the tribes that inhabited in Wales during both the Roman Republic and Empire eras? And did they put up resistance to the Roman invasion?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Im not welsh, but google Silures and Caractacus.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Im not welsh, but google Silures and Caractacus.
    I did it yesterday on youtube.

For example, how about the Cimbrii as a playable faction in Grand Campaign? Or in a new campaign focused during the Cimbrian wars
    Cimbrii would probably be the best choice, with an emphasis on the bow units and possibly some naval improvements (not historically accurate, I know) to spice up the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Yes, starting as a client state is an interesting challenge, and more campaigns starting in that situation would be fun. I enjoyed playing as Athens with the choice of whether to fight or remain loyal to Macedon. I tried what seemed like the less obvious choice and was happy to discover that, after expanding and fighting alongside Macedon, I could use diplomacy to stop being a client state and become an ally of Macedon instead, without needing to fight my overlords.

I agree that more Germanic factions would have been good. Obviously, Caesar's Civil War would have been close to the Imperator Augustus time period, so I wonder what this would have offered which the Imperator Augustus campaign doesn't - is there a particularly interesing or challenging aspect of the earlier civil war, or the time afterwards?
    I also enjoy Athens for that reason. Though usually Macedon gets wiped out in my campaigns, so I've never really had the chance to become allies like you did.

Caesar's Civil War would have a split in the map that I think would be pretty challenging to Caesar players given that the Optimate regions (Greece and North Africa) are money-maker, and you'll probably still have to keep an eye out on recently conquered (low-public order) Gaul. Egypt at this time is still in a weird pseudo-client state relationship( Massalia, too would still be independent) and there's the invasion by Pharnaces II that could work as an event.

But is it still unlikely that the game developers would be interested in adding more official stuff to the game?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

But is it still unlikely that the game developers would be interested in adding more official stuff to the game?
    You missed the bus, ship, train, spaceship, airship even submarine. It is 99,99% sure Rome2 is done. CA right now has three live titles (counting Troy in next week) so there is no team to do anything and if they are planning anything , they have plenty options for those current games. Wh2 is expecting 1-2 more LPs, next year we will probably get pre-order race + whole Wh3. That is next main huge milestone. 3K is getting at least two major expansion packs, bigger than chapter packs we got so far. Troy is planning to get DLCs all the way into 2021 and even if this is soon extinquish, 3K might be follow up by new character base title (Genghis Khan) so that is 2022. So in short, CA has no shortage of project and can easily add new historical, pseudo fantasy up to full fantasy content.

Only reason we got R2 DLCs a few year back was due to ToB being in future (3K even more) and having just Wh alive. And they got whole new studio in Sofia. So they got means and shortage of projects...Now the situation is drastically different. And if anything any new content will have to beat reason to do content for Troy/3K...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

What were the tribes that inhabited in Wales during both the Roman Republic and Empire eras? And did they put up resistance to the Roman occupation?
    Good guess! I'm actually half-Welsh, half-English, with some Scots and Irish thrown in a few generations back.

As for the questions, as Morticia mentioned there's the Silures and Caractacus. Ynys Mons/Anglesy, which is an island off the northern coast of Wales, was also a major centre of Druidic power in Britannia. When Rome wanted to break the power of the Druids in 60AD they attacked it. As wikipedia puts it:

In AD 60 the Roman general Gaius Suetonius Paulinus, determined to break the power of the druids, attacked the island using his amphibious Batavian contingent as a surprise vanguard assault[19] and then destroying the shrine and the nemeta (sacred groves). News of Boudica's revolt reached him just after his victory, causing him to withdraw his army before consolidating his conquest. The island was finally brought into the Roman Empire by Gnaeus Julius Agricola, the Roman governor of Britain, in AD 78.
    It's also said to be where the Druids made their last stand, though stories vary.

I think the Dematae have the potential to be a fun ambusher/druidic faction, though CA never decided to explore that. Unfortunately I have to agree with Daruwind, for CA Rome 2 is I think a finished project. But it had a good run, and it's a good game even today.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast