Thread: Returning to Rome2 & have battle UI questions?

Default Returning to Rome2 & have battle UI questions?

I have the latest version + all DLCs.

I am using the Steam version of DEI, but I don't think it should matter. I haven't played in a while, and when I did I was mainly play RTW1/RS3.

(1) I cannot get the CTRL-F hide tree key to work. It is mapped correctly in controls. It only works when set in graphic options, but not as a hot key. I know it only applies when close to a tree. What am I doing wrong?

(2) I think maybe I am confused with RTW1. There is no close and lose formation buttons?

(3) Skirmish behavior when I set on is not what I expect (they are not set to guard). They do not back away and continue to fire missiles when skirmish is on. They will just stay out of phalanx range. But, of course, they are doing no harm either. Aren't they suppose to give ground and continue to kill the enemy with projectiles?

(4) There was some key combo that allows you to slide and position an entire locked formation as to where it is going, but I forgot what. I know it is not right-click and drag. I know it is not space bar. What is it?

Thanks.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Returning to Rome2 & have battle UI questions?

1. I don't know about hiding foliage with CTRL-F. When I click on Options > Graphics > Advanced Options > tick 'Hide Foliage', this works.

2. Not usually. If you want a unit to have fewer casualties from ranged fire, you can move them or put them in a thinner line. (There's a maximum length of line for melee infantry).

3. Normally, I control skirmishers manually. I prefer to scatter them in different directions, so if a melee unit catches one of them, the others can fire into the attacker's flanks and rear.

4. For help with moving units, I suggest this video.

Default Re: Returning to Rome2 & have battle UI questions?

They were not retreating, since they were the attacker and the enemy wasn't charging them. So that, I got sorted. I have been some custom missions just to practice so that I can on campaign.