20.10.2020 update:

Faerun v0.2 crash bug fix is now available on moddb - follow the link below

Faerun [Forgotten Realms] Total War v0.2
    is released!

Download link on the moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/faernforg...-realms-tw-v02

Release announcement video promo:

https://youtu.be/3hrm4YTZzvo
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Old post:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just to remind everyone, the first release of the mod included 10 factions in custom battles mode, it was v0.1.

Right now we are working on the next release, the v0.2, that will add the campaign. What more can be included in v0.2, how many more factions besides those 10 we already had before? Let's say we are working on that. We will try to implement as many factions as we can, but i reckon we can think about some 14-15 playable factions with more or less complete rosters. The remaining factions that will not have their rosters ready, will not be playable but will exist in the campaign.

That is the main focus for this next release.

Possible time when it could come out i would hope by the end of September, but we will see. The release date will be announced later, maybe by the end of August.

If you have any questions about the new release, we can discuss them here
    Last edited by Vladyvid; October 26, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Future Release Plans / discussion

I don't know if this is the place to say this. If not, please move.

First: A big thank you!!!
    Second: May I suggest a few small, local campaigns instead of a single large one? In FR, we don't often have huge empire building. A localized campaign with a couple of towns and cities, a few forts and a few dozen smaller settlements seems to best fit the "theme" of the FR.
    Third: If you take the above suggestion, may I suggest a campaign with an "Adventurer" faction in those? I.e. a not-in-the-books faction started by a powerful local hero that starts building a small nation. Start with a small local settlement and a very powerful hero unit against a couple of big boys. Say vassals of nation X with a "pope" faction acting as the liege. The goal would be to gain the sovereign's recognition as the local ruler. Or you can take the outside force (another big boy) and take the land. Or you can take one of the vassals and install your hegemony and eventually break from the sovereign or get concessions or what have you.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Yep, there will be exactly five new factions and a few improved older ones. I believe that the 16th and 17th factions are going to be re-made to some extent by Assurbanippal. And the 18th faction is still being worked on by him.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 08, 2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I don't know if this is the place to say this. If not, please move.

First: A big thank you!!!
    Second: May I suggest a few small, local campaigns instead of a single large one? In FR, we don't often have huge empire building. A localized campaign with a couple of towns and cities, a few forts and a few dozen smaller settlements seems to best fit the "theme" of the FR.
    Third: If you take the above suggestion, may I suggest a campaign with an "Adventurer" faction in those? I.e. a not-in-the-books faction started by a powerful local hero that starts building a small nation. Start with a small local settlement and a very powerful hero unit against a couple of big boys. Say vassals of nation X with a "pope" faction acting as the liege. The goal would be to gain the sovereign's recognition as the local ruler. Or you can take the outside force (another big boy) and take the land. Or you can take one of the vassals and install your hegemony and eventually break from the sovereign or get concessions or what have you.
    Thanks!

The idea about smaller campaigns existed in the past, and i even made a campaign map. It was for Cormyr, and the Goblin Wars. A simple scenario of Cormyr vs essentially orcs and goblins. I know you could basicly take any of the factions and create a campaign based around them, but so far we are just too advanced in the lets say large faerun campaign that it must be finished first. In essence i think this is a good idea, but i would like to work on something like that after the main project is completed.

About the adventurer faction, yes in theory this could be possible because we have several more faction slots that are not used. Still, i would give priority to 'real' factions, because there are several interesting lore factions we havent included yet: Chessenta, Turmish, Impiltur, Thesk, Thar, Erlkazar, Elturgard. I guess if more people would try to persuade us to work on the adventurer faction, that could help, and maybe would also help with designing that faction because it would have to be pretty much designed from scratch. I mean, where would it start, there are so many possible backgrounds. So many questions.

Also, there is no pope mechanic in the mod, so if the adventurer faction would be most likely just independent, maybe with some scripted alliances/enemies.

Default Re: Future Release Plans - campaign release planned 15.10.2020

Faerun [Forgotten Realms] Total War v0.2 - the campaign release, is planned for 15.10.2020.

Default Re: Future Release Plans - Faerun v0.2 planned 15.10.2020, promo video out now: 20.09.2020

I have a promo video, its nothing special, my first try, but there it is:

https://youtu.be/3hrm4YTZzvo

Default Re: Future Release Plans - Faerun v0.2 planned 15.10.2020, promo video out now: 20.09.2020

Faerun V0.2 is out now! Its the first campaign release.

Download link on the moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/faernforg...-realms-tw-v02

Default Re: Release Plans - Faerun v0.2 + crash fix released

Just added a crash fix patch for Faerun v0.2 on moddb. The fix itself was made by Warcrafthero , and i added updated unit prices for ALL units - previously they were basicly not set at all.

Default Re: Release Plans - Faerun v0.2 + crash fix released, v0.3 planned

Announcement time!

New planned release:

Hello everyone!

We have been working with the team for these past months to add more content and also improve the playability of the campaign in general. Our work continues, but I believe the time is comming for the next release, that is the v0.3.
    From this version onwards, we drop the [Forgotten Realms] bit from the mod’s name, and now it will be known simply as Faerun Total War (which also was its original name at inception btw).

OK, but when?

Ofcourse this is the main question, and the answer i can give right now is by the end of May or June. The exact date will be known later, as we approach that time.
    I should probably add „if things go according to the plan”. Anyways that is a pretty realistic estimation and in the end we can just skip something we cant finish and release at that time anyway – still not the end of the world and not the last release, lets hope. ��

So whats new?

There are still many elements to be added later on, and we are aware of what is lacking, but we had to focus on things that are probably the most game breaking.

List of planned and added changes:

• prices rebalancing – mostly by making things more expensive;
    • buildings downgrading for most developed settlements;
    • income reductions for most settlements
    • rebel garrisons – adding many garrisons across the map;
    • mercenaries – adding several mercenary units, we had no mercenaries so far;
    • campaign UI improvements – replacing vanilla assets;
    • 3 more playable factions – Elves of Cormanthyr, Aglarond and Damara;
    • new custom music tracks for the campaign.

There will be new previews and updates comming along the way until the release, so if you want to be notified of that follow us on moddb.com. You can also follow the mods progress here on totalwarcenter.net ofc.

Have a good day everyone!
    Last edited by Vladyvid; April 14, 2021 at 09:53 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news?

I have the generals and captains for 7 out of maybe 16 factions that will be made on the strat-map.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Im inactive now, due to RL, so the mod is on hold as far as im concerned. Cant tell when i could get back to it.

This is a really promising mod. I hope it's not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemetal View Post
    This is a really promising mod. I hope it's not dead.
    The mod certainly has a WIP with at least 5 additional factions - so it should receive one more update for sure that is quite large.

- The Havamal