Thread: Eternal Eirenarchos

Default Eternal Eirenarchos

One of the main reasons playing Hellenic is kinda sucky is the propensity Hellenic characters have to just gain a bunch of negative personality traits out of the blue that make governing difficult. One of the major ones is the Eirenarchos office, that have decent odds of awarding Harsh Ruler, which quickly snowball into an absolutely terrible governor. That can be avoided, though. The first method is to make sure you never get the office at all, by making sure all your generals/governors are at least Blooded, either fighting off rebels, or by being auxiliary generals. Rebels work, but they aren't always available, and the time spent as an Auxiliary General can bomb their education. So I decided for the secondary method.

Simply put, according to the file, Eirenarchos turns in-office are counted anywhere, but the character can only risk becoming a Harsh Ruler by being inside a settlement. So, solution seems simple enough. If a character gets the trait, I just put them to wait outside the settlement. Much quicker than getting Blooded by Aux Gen experience, and 4 turns is not a huge deal regarding education.

So I tried. With multiple generals. Including one inside a settlement, always checking them to see if the trait goes away. It never did.

So not only about any of my characters have a chance to get this bad office, if they do, they are stuck with it forever, ensuring that if they stay in town for any significant amount of time they WILL get Harsh Ruler, AND FURTHERMORE, locking them out of any other office.

That's so big of a deal for me that I will be laying the Hellenics down for a time. It is simply not what's written in export_descr_character_traits.txt, and is a major element of frustration. I hope you guys get around it the next release.

Default Re: Eternal Eirenarchos

Is a quick fix for that possible? It is the major reason why I am avoiding playing hellenistics.

I will take a look at it today and post here a fixed version of the export_descr_character_traits file

So... I did some investigation which took some time because you wrote the trait incorrectly, it's Eirenarkhos, but from what I see on the triggers, it should work as expected, it should be gone after 5 turns. So I think that has already been fixed by the team, now you just need to wait for the next patch x)

Well, if you found it spelled as Einerarkhos, then I think we found the issue. All mentions in the export_descr_character_traits.txt are Eirenarchos.

Trigger Count_Eirenarchos_Turns_in_Office WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Eirenarchos = 1

Affects InOffice 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger greek_Eirenarchos_young_general
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition not IsFactionLeader
    and not IsFactionHeir
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and RemainingMPPercentage > 85
    and Attribute Command < 2
    and Trait CommandExperience < 2
    and Trait InOffice < 1
    and Trait Hellenic = 1

Affects Eirenarchos 1 Chance 10

Trigger greek_Eirenarchos_Authoritarian

Affects HarshRuler 1 Chance 10

Trigger Reset_Eirenarchos_after_a_year
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

and Trait InOffice = 4

Affects ReverseOffice 1 Chance 100
    Affects OutOfOffice 4 Chance 100

I see. You were correct indeed. However, it seems that the trait has been renamed and the triggers have been fixed

Well, not in my version of the game, at least. Regardless, if I deliete the first trigger, that awards the office, from the export_descr_character_traits.txt file, it won't appear in my campaign? It is the second best alternative to having it working as intended.

Edit: Not the first trigger.

Trigger greek_Eirenarchos_young_general

Condition not IsFactionLeader
    and not IsFactionHeir
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and RemainingMPPercentage > 85
    and Attribute Command < 2
    and Trait CommandExperience < 2
    and Trait InOffice < 1
    and Trait Hellenic = 1

Affects Eirenarchos 1 Chance 10
    I hope to just circumvent the issue by causing the least amount of disruption in the file as possible. I will, of course, have a backup.
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; November 05, 2020 at 06:19 PM.

That would fix the issue for now, yes