Thread: Looking for a certain guide "how to play a historical game"

Default Looking for a certain guide "how to play a historical game"

Years ago (around RTR6) there was an accompanying guide (maybe in PDF?) that detailed a Roman timeline and it really helped to play a historical game as Rome.
    I think it was written by a Marcus one or other, but I'm not certain.

Unfortunately I can't find my copy on my computer anymore and I'd love to use it to try a historical game.

Does anyone know where to find it?

Default Re: Looking for a certain guide "how to play a historical game"

Okay. Awesome. Good news, I found it:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...24#post1077624

It's called "The Ultimate Guide to Playing RTR Historically as the Romans". Not Marcus, but Candelarius.

Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't readily find it. At least I have the title now, though.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Maybe you'd check the EBII as a game - there's much in-game descriptions, cursum honorum is very historical. I've learnt a lot of the history of the Pritanoi in this way.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by anandus View Post
    Okay. Awesome. Good news, I found it:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...24#post1077624

It's called "The Ultimate Guide to Playing RTR Historically as the Romans". Not Marcus, but Candelarius.

Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't readily find it. At least I have the title now, though.
    Here you are, enjoy the campaign!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Here you are, enjoy the campaign!
    YESSSS!

Thank you SO MUCH!!