Thread: Climate Change

Default Climate Change

Thread for climate related stuff...

this would be going faster if I could make up my mind exactly how many climates were going to have frost in winter or just stay autumny... and how many can be used for special things! Have 90% made a decision that highland, which was in the Cornwall area for 'chalk geology' anyway is going to get used a bit more specifically to make the cliffy bits. I can't get M2 battle-maps to make a true cliff (without using the editor for each tile) - but have done a bit of a bodge by using 'deep sea' and 'beach' ground_types in highland climate with slightly silly settings

The bits that look a bit rocky on coast in strat map:

Look like this at the edges of the map in the inaccessible bit (needs work on textures and removing large vegetation):

and the playable area like:

making sure the playable area stays playable is the difficult bit with silly geography.db settings

Default Re: Climate Change

Good work on that coastline!

Wow! That's a great piece of work! Impressive!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

How did you made that smooth coast lines on the strat_map?
    We have ours lower that the sea level in 90% of the map!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    How did you made that smooth coast lines on the strat_map?
    We have ours lower that the sea level in 90% of the map!
    Wilddog did the coastlines ages ago - you have to manually adjust the depth of the sea (by changing the RGB value of the 'blue' in map_heights) to counteract the height of the land properly and avoid triangles. There's competing theories about how to do it...

I've reduced the white surf and beach strip effect quite a lot which helps in not look like such a hard edge.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Nice, Makanyane.

Do you know which mods do have nice resource map pics?
    I'm redoing them for the SSHIP and still need a few (I think in your pic there's something like Cornwall peninsula with tin)

JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!