USE_QUICKCHAT:FALSE
    GS_PIDS:FALSE
    GS_PIDS_FULL:FALSE
    GS_PIDS_CUR:TRUE
    ALWAYS_LOGFILE:TRUE
    TIMESTAMP_LOGFILE:TRUE
    32BIT_UI:FALSE
    GS_LOG_RESULTS:FALSE
    CHAT_COLOURS:name=ffffa0,private=ff7707,game=94aadc,public=fff777,system=ffffff,lobby=fff777,setup=94aadc,playing=ff0707
    EDIT_SETTLEMENT_NAMES:TRUE
    looking your video, i would suggest to optimize your system for gameplay - it seems very weak. RO is a hard nut.
    try to update your graphiccard driver, amybe look for some optimizer tools
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 29, 2020 at 07:55 AM.

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

So I updated my computers graphics driver and optimized my system for gaming and even with the lowest settings, I was able to get into the battle but when I zoomed in on the troops, the units were not on the horses, they were missing. then the game slowed down and CTD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Km9nDtlAl8

I copied the preferences and put them into my txt file. Still no dice. It just crashes each time. I followed the instructions to the letter. I don't know how it would be the installation?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

it crashes as soon as the camera want to swing to the general.

so i guess it´s the graphic or the RAM. you may want to patch your rtw.exe with the 4GB patch. this fixed most of my issue with RSII for me.

but it could also be a corrupted download. maybe download and install again.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tritonius17 View Post
    So I updated my computers graphics driver and optimized my system for gaming and even with the lowest settings, I was able to get into the battle but when I zoomed in on the troops, the units were not on the horses, they were missing. then the game slowed down and CTD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Km9nDtlAl8

I copied the preferences and put them into my txt file. Still no dice. It just crashes each time. I followed the instructions to the letter. I don't know how it would be the installation?
    i had the exact same crash. autoresolve that battle. see what you game does afterwards. i had no crashes untill a new windows update
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

found a bug when trying to bribe army's. sometimes it works, other times game gets CTD
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

i've got a ctd after start campaign as Roman Empire with 260 bc.[Alexander ver]

other 268 AD, 270 AD works well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2021-04-28 22-19-32-830.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	759.7 KB 
ID:	364746

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus View Post
    i've got a ctd after start campaign as Roman Empire with 260 bc.[Alexander ver]

other 268 AD, 270 AD works well

Name:	bandicam 2021-04-28 22-19-32-830.jpg 
Size:	759.7 KB 
ID:	364746
    Ahh, I thought I had fixed that. Have now, and re-uploaded the file. Thanks for finding that.

Name:	bandicam 2021-05-04 07-00-05-598.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	364775

Name:	bandicam 2021-05-04 07-00-18-705.jpg 
Size:	797.4 KB 
ID:	364776
    i thought Alexander version is more stable than BI.

i've got a battle end[loading screen] ctd again with alex ver.

but i think its the old engine's limitation.

i hope to see the remastered version in the future.

it will be much stable than old engine.

[+ i have no battle end ctd encounter from RS II and RS III alex. i hope that dev contact the RS team and get some inform or help about stability of battle[?] or something ]

and always thank you for your hard work!
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; May 03, 2021 at 06:01 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i´ve read somewhere in the forum that you need at least one unit to be escape from the battlefield.
    those after battle ctd somehow are connected with the complete destruction of armies.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i´ve read somewhere in the forum that you need at least one unit to be escape from the battlefield.
    those after battle ctd somehow are connected with the complete destruction of armies.
    yeah.. that's the sad part of the old rtw engine...

Hi there. I'm having some similar issues to others in this thread, namely whenever I load into a battle 9/10 I crash as soon as the camera zooms into see the general's speech. I've tried turning settings/unit size down to try and minimize load on my PC, and I do have my exe patched to 4 GB. I really don't think it's a performance issue - I run other R:TW mods, even demanding ones like RS, with little to no problem. I think there must be something wrong with my install or files or something.

I am using the steam version, and complied with the instructions there.
    i.e.:
    Download the mod
    Put the RO Folder in my Rome Total War - Gold folder
    Put RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:RO in the steam launcher options (except I also added -ne, to play borderless windowed)

Can anyone explain what's likely causing these CTDs, and what might be done?

Edit: It looks like when I try to load into a battle sprites are actually missing. Like when I zoom in on the general I can see the horses but not the riders. Or if I have an infantry unit in custom battles I can see the officers but not the soldiers. I'm going to try and install a fresh download.
    Last edited by Revan The Great; May 08, 2021 at 07:42 AM.

So I reinstalled and everything seems to work fine now. What I determined, after some experimentation, is that playing with the settings appears to be causing the crashes. The mod appears to default to high settings on textures, etc. but if you try to scale back settings to boost performance then (at least in my case) this leads to an issue where the game can't render your soldiers and crashes. For my part at least, I've managed to find a fix by just leaving the settings alone!

Next question: Is there a procedure for making the ALEX version of the mod work on Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    So I reinstalled and everything seems to work fine now. What I determined, after some experimentation, is that playing with the settings appears to be causing the crashes. The mod appears to default to high settings on textures, etc. but if you try to scale back settings to boost performance then (at least in my case) this leads to an issue where the game can't render your soldiers and crashes. For my part at least, I've managed to find a fix by just leaving the settings alone!

Next question: Is there a procedure for making the ALEX version of the mod work on Steam?
    I've never tried using steam but I assume it is the same procedure as per RTW/BI.

Go to your Steam Library, right-click RTW and click Properties. Then click Set Launch Options and paste this in: RomeTW-ALX.exe -nm -show_err -mod:RO and click OK.

4. When launching the game, be sure to chose the Alexander path.

Edit: I was able to get it to work!

Since Steam has a separate install for Alexander, I had to install RO into my Alexander, and then copy the BI folder from Rome Total War Gold into Rome Total War Alexander, then I was able to proceed. It appears to be working fine now!
    Last edited by Revan The Great; May 10, 2021 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    Edit: I was able to get it to work!

Since Steam has a separate install for Alexander, I had to install RO into my Alexander, and then copy the BI folder from Rome Total War Gold into Rome Total War Alexander, then I was able to proceed. It appears to be working fine now!
    Glad to see you solved it.

Hi there ,thanks for your amazing mod , i play 270 ad campaign as palmyre alexander add on , and by all ways i can't manage to pass 275 AD turn it's crash at last turn of the year , i tried alot of things as make allies force diplomacy changed the way of played by save files few turn ago but it's doesn't help as if script programmed to crash ! BTW also played palmyre 260 .268 and it's also took a few years to begin crash at end turn , and another thing which way to add soundmod to alex edition i tried it with RVINA ROMAE and it's work perfectly since it use BI engine

Quote Originally Posted by enggraphice View Post
    Hi there ,thanks for your amazing mod , i play 270 ad campaign as palmyre alexander add on , and by all ways i can't manage to pass 275 AD turn it's crash at last turn of the year , i tried alot of things as make allies force diplomacy changed the way of played by save files few turn ago but it's doesn't help as if script programmed to crash ! BTW also played palmyre 260 .268 and it's also took a few years to begin crash at end turn , and another thing which way to add soundmod to alex edition i tried it with RVINA ROMAE and it's work perfectly since it use BI engine
    Try loading the game and not activating the script and see if you can get past that turn, then activate the script and see what happens.

As for the soundmod, it doesn't work as yet with RO, which is something I am working on. Glad you are enjoying the mod. Any screenshots would be great.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Trough the BI version work perfectly, following the instruction and using the 4gb patch, the alex.exe version ctd whenever i try to start a custom battle donno why, and if i try to open with right click the info about the caledonian berserker, mercenary unit trough they work in battle
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    Trough the BI version work perfectly, following the instruction and using the 4gb patch, the alex.exe version ctd whenever i try to start a custom battle donno why, and if i try to open with right click the info about the caledonian berserker, mercenary unit trough they work in battle
    Which campaign version are you playing??

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

260, but is the same for the others if i remember correctly. at least for the 293 and 268 and 285
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)