Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD's & Bugs Report

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Firstly, bribe isn't always an option with diplomacy, so don't be too bothered when the option isn't there. As for CTD's when bribing, I had none. I was able to bribe some officials and some armies, but not all of course. When I tried bribing Alexandria, they refused of course but there was no CTD, so I don't really know what is going on there. Perhaps a faulty file caused with an incomplete download possibly.
    ok i actually not that bothered

just report about these encounters.

but im fine to not bribe some cities or options.

about bribe alexandria,,, mine was same before i reduce units upkeep+recruitment costs for moreeeee armies. they refuse to be bribe

anyway thanks for you work and reply

without bug or not i will play and enjoy

Great, thanks for that. As for the recruitment of legionaries in Carnuntum, which campaign(s) have you found this in?

EDIT: I have checked the edb for the recruitment of legionaries in Carnuntum and it stipulates the following:

recruit "western legionary lanciariiC2" 1 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource dalmatia and hidden_resource quadi and hidden_resource iuthungi and resource iron

recruit "western legionaryC2" 1 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource dalmatia and hidden_resource quadi and hidden_resource iuthungi and resource iron

These are based on the resources allocated to the city being; textiles, iron, slaves, roman, dalmatia, quadi, iuthungi, auxiliary, legion

So you can see that the resources required to recruit the units equates to the resources allocated to the city. I have one solution to the problem is to delete the map.rwm file again and reload the game.
    Nope no luck with deleting map.rwm file. I have this problem in all the campaigns, but I think that I found where lies the problem. If somebody else could confirm the same issue it would be great. Looking at the descr.regions file it seems to me that there is some mixup with Virunum which is in Noricum and Carnuntum which is in Pannonia I think it should be the other way around.
    This is from descr.regions file 293 campaign:

-->Noricum ; Noricum
    legion: legionis_decimae_geminae
    Virunum ; Paetovio
    empire_west
    Illyrians
    230 41 232
    timber, copper, iron, slaves, river, roman, east_german, quadi, iuthungi, pannonia, auxiliary, legion
    pagan 100

Pannonia_Prima ; Pannonia
    legion: legionis_quattuordecimae_geminae
    Carnuntum ; Iuvavum
    empire_west
    Illyrians
    131 61 33
    textiles, iron, slaves, roman, dalmatia, quadi, iuthungi, auxiliary, legion
    christianity 30 pagan 70<--

unit formation ctd report!

Using testudo for Legionary[getae] & merc[evocati] cause ctd in battle.

so far... other units[custum battles] legionaries are fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-03 12-00-00-711.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	362516

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors V View Post
    Hi,

please find the file attached :-)

Regading Carnuntum, even when I construct Rudimenta Castra Stativa Legio Romanvm I can't recruit legionaries. I looked into export_descr_buildings file and it looks that one of the western legionary recruitment lines is missing hidden resource pannonia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohors V View Post
    Nope no luck with deleting map.rwm file. I have this problem in all the campaigns, but I think that I found where lies the problem. If somebody else could confirm the same issue it would be great. Looking at the descr.regions file it seems to me that there is some mixup with Virunum which is in Noricum and Carnuntum which is in Pannonia I think it should be the other way around.
    This is from descr.regions file 293 campaign:

-->Noricum ; Noricum
    legion: legionis_decimae_geminae
    Virunum ; Paetovio
    empire_west
    Illyrians
    230 41 232
    timber, copper, iron, slaves, river, roman, east_german, quadi, iuthungi, pannonia, auxiliary, legion
    pagan 100

Pannonia_Prima ; Pannonia
    legion: legionis_quattuordecimae_geminae
    Carnuntum ; Iuvavum
    empire_west
    Illyrians
    131 61 33
    textiles, iron, slaves, roman, dalmatia, quadi, iuthungi, auxiliary, legion
    christianity 30 pagan 70<--
    In 260 campaign I can't recruit legionaries there either, that's because a required resource seems to be missing in the map.

As for the confusion between Virunum and Carnuntum, the names you see in the campaign map are accurate. They are swapped in descr_regions but it has no influence in-game, indeed if you use any cheat with the name you see it works in that city (for example if you type add_population 1 Virunum, it will work in the city called Virunum in the map, even if it's called Carnuntum in descr_regions). The choice to just edit the displayed name instead of correcting it from the root was done not to take and edit a whole series of files, scripts, etc.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; September 06, 2020 at 03:23 PM.

i've got a ctd after battle with major battle with the goths

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-04 17-31-06-757.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	362522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-05 01-02-20-257.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	362523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-05 01-03-25-653.jpg 
Size:	820.1 KB 
ID:	362524

Quote Originally Posted by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus View Post
    i've got a ctd after battle with major battle with the goths

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-04 17-31-06-757.jpg 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	362522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-05 01-02-20-257.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	362523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-05 01-03-25-653.jpg 
Size:	820.1 KB 
ID:	362524
    oh my i mean ctd after major battle with the goths

why i can't edit my post :O

Battle tests

4vs 4 custum battles with sassanids

no ctd after battle

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-05 03-24-25-099.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	362526

also no ctd after battle with alemanni in campaign

Name:	bandicam 2020-09-03 15-26-28-657.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	362527

Lucky you... I really had a hard time trying to get past after battle ctds but I still get them most of the times

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Lucky you... I really had a hard time trying to get past after battle ctds but I still get them most of the times
    aww.. i know that feeling.

but change rome-bi.exe's memory to 4gb with cff might help you if you didnt.

Is that really the only tweak you did? No messing around with cpu affinity, graphic options and so on?

but change rome-bi.exe's memory to 4gb with cff might help you if you didnt.
    Could you please explain in a bit more detail?

Is that really the only tweak you did? No messing around with cpu affinity, graphic options and so on?
    yeah i run RTW with full graphic option
    theres no difference between low setting and extream one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionier View Post
    Could you please explain in a bit more detail?
    select the checkbox "App can handle> 2gb adresses".

http://www.jaloonz.com/2008/04/enabling-large-address-aware-for-games.html

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Every time i try to change down the graphic options (at the max level the game lag) the battle ctd during loading, ever. i'm forced to play with max graphic options donno why and if i try to change them in battle the game crash loading the new options. o used the 4gb patch too but with no results.

EDIT SOLVED
    Using the 4 gb patch also on BI.exe the game work and dont lag, previously i had used it only on RO.exe
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; September 08, 2020 at 03:38 AM.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    Every time i try to change down the graphic options (at the max level the game lag) the battle ctd during loading, ever. i'm forced to play with max graphic options donno why and if i try to change them in battle the game crash loading the new options. o used the 4gb patch too but with no results.

EDIT SOLVED
    Using the 4 gb patch also on BI.exe the game work and dont lag, previously i had used it only on RO.exe
    Good to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post

EDIT SOLVED
    With RO.exe...that do you mean?

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

With RO.exe...that do you mean?
    Early i used the 4gb patch only on the restitutor orbis exe, and it didnt work, the game ctd.
    when i used the 4gb patch on the barbarian invasion exe too, not only on the IB-RO.EXE, it worked fine.
    For make it work i had to use the 4gb patch both on ib-ro.exe and on the vanilla BI.exe icon in RTW folder. On each one
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; September 08, 2020 at 04:30 PM.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Well there is no IB-RO.exe, that's just a link. I tried applying it to the link, and the patch was actually applied to the exe, so I think your ctd was random.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Just wondering if the 4g exe patch makes a diiference with unlimited men on the battlefield and after battle CTDs?

Just wondering if the 4g exe patch makes a diiference with unlimited men on the battlefield and after battle CTDs?
    yeah i think 4gb patch works well than ever before.
    unless there are texture or model? script problems. (hmm...)

it's a old game.
    so it's have own limitation.