Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD's & Bugs Report

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk viking View Post
    Hmm.. The sprite files seem to be there. Could the specific ones be faulty somehow?

In any case, I'll try reinstalling.
    The tga sprite files you should be able to open by clicking on them. They should show a series of different poses for the unit. If they are there, the other issue may be a corrupted sprite.spr file, so either reinstalling or re-downloading might be in order.

Re-installing with the archive download didn't solve it, but using the installer did.

EDIT: Hold on, I forgot to apply the 293 campaign the second time. Perhaps that's where the issue is?

EDIT2: Yes, after applying the 293 campaign installer, the sprites are messed up.
    Last edited by Dansk viking; August 21, 2020 at 07:23 AM.
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

Re-installing with the archive download didn't solve it, but using the installer did.

EDIT: Hold on, I forgot to apply the 293 campaign the second time. Perhaps that's where the issue is?

EDIT2: Yes, after applying the 293 campaign installer, the sprites are messed up.
    I think I found the problem. For some reason in the 293AD descr_model_battle.txt file the sprites line is missing RO/ in front of data, as such:

model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/slave_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_west, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/empire_west_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_west_rebels, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/empire_west_rebels_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_east_rebels, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/empire_east_rebels_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite sassanids, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/sassanids_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite sarmatians, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/sarmatians_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romano_british, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/romano_british_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite moors, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/moors_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite berbers, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/berbers_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite huns, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/huns_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite roxolani, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/roxolani_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite franks, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/franks_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite alemanni, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/alemanni_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite burgundii, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/burgundii_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slavs, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/slavs_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite saxons, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/saxons_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite lombardi, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/lombardi_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite vandals, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/vandals_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite goths, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/goths_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite ostrogoths, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/ostrogoths_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite celts, 60.0, data/sprites/roman/celts_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/roman/late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

It should read:

model_sprite slave, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/slave_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_west, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/empire_west_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_east, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/empire_east_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_west_rebels, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/empire_west_rebels_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite empire_east_rebels, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/empire_east_rebels_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite sassanids, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/sassanids_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite sarmatians, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/sarmatians_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romano_british, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/romano_british_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite moors, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/moors_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite berbers, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/berbers_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite roxolani, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/roxolani_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite franks, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/franks_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite alemanni, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/alemanni_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite burgundii, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/burgundii_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slavs, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/slavs_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite saxons, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/saxons_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite lombardi, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/lombardi_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite vandals, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/vandals_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite goths, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/goths_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite ostrogoths, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/ostrogoths_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite celts, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/celts_late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_sprite 60.0, RO/data/sprites/roman/late_legionary_infantry_easternA_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Don't know why the zeus tool didn't pick it up and don't know why it seemed to be okay when I load a battle with that unt. Just copy and paste the corrected one to the sprites line in your 293AD file and it should be fine. I will correct the 293AD file for a later upgrade. Thanks for spotting it.

That fixed it. Cheers!

Though I'm pretty sure this is not the only unit affected. The Equites Auxilia riders also disappear (horses remain) and counting the number of instances where there's no "RO/" in front of data/... gives me 630 results (that is, searching for " data/" in the file).

EDIT: While in the 270 file there's only 12 matches, for this one unit:
    Code:
    type		mountain_foot_skirmishers
    skeleton	fs_semi_fast_javelinman, fs_semi_fast_spearman
    indiv_range	40
    texture		slave,			RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_slave.tga
    texture		sassanids,		RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		sarmatians,		RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		moors,			RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		ostrogoths,		RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		roxolani,		RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		saxons,			RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		huns,			RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_eastern.tga
    texture		empire_east,		RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_roman.tga
    texture		empire_west,		RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_roman.tga
    texture		empire_west_rebels,	RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_roman.tga
    texture		empire_east_rebels,	RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_isaurian_foot_skirmisher_roman.tga
    texture		merc,			RO/data/models_unit/eastern/textures/RO_unit_daylamite_foot_skirmisher.tga
    model_flexi				RO/data/models_unit/eastern/RO_unit_mountain_foot_skirmisher.cas, 15
    model_flexi				RO/data/models_unit/eastern/RO_unit_mountain_foot_skirmisher.cas, 30
    model_flexi				RO/data/models_unit/eastern/RO_unit_mountain_foot_skirmisher.cas, 40
    model_flexi				RO/data/models_unit/eastern/RO_unit_mountain_foot_skirmisher.cas, max
    model_sprite		slave, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/slave_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		sassanids, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/sassanids_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		sarmatians, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/sarmatians_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		moors, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/sarmatians_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		ostrogoths, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/ostrogoths_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		roxolani, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/roxolani_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		saxons, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/saxons_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		huns, 60.0, RO/data/sprites/eastern/huns_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		empire_east, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/empire_west_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		empire_west, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/empire_west_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		empire_west_rebels, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/empire_west_rebels_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		empire_east_rebels, 60.0, data/sprites/eastern/empire_east_rebels_isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		60.0, data/sprites/eastern/isaurian_foot_skirmishers_sprite.spr
    model_tri	400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Last edited by Dansk viking; August 21, 2020 at 08:45 AM.
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

That fixed it. Cheers!

Though I'm pretty sure this is not the only unit affected. The Equites Auxilia riders also disappear (horses remain) and counting the number of instances where there's no "RO/" in front of data/... gives me 630 results (that is, searching for " data/" in the file).
    Well spotted. How did I miss that. Will make the necessary corrections and put up an addendum for the campaign options. Thanks again.

CTD report 1. Gothic Horse Bowmen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 10-14-08-546.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	362425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 10-14-51-975.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	784.8 KB 
ID:	362426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 10-14-56-046.jpg 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	362427

other gothic units are fine. no problem with em.

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 10-15-40-325.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	362428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 10-44-17-144.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	362429

but this Gothic Horse Bowmen cause ctd.

I even reinstall with EXe and Rar version[with lastest update]. with clean new Rome total war.[steam]

Please~ fix this unit sir.

i love your mod and your work please!

or give me a fixed export_descr_unit or model file? that cause a ctd. please...

+also horse archers of saka-haomavarga cause ctd

most of units are fine[other barbarian factions]. but please recheck these ctd units [especially horse archers, rebels]

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 12-04-25-863.jpg 
Size:	437.2 KB 
ID:	362431Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 12-04-20-933.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	411.7 KB 
ID:	362430
    Last edited by servent9; August 22, 2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    CTD report 1. Gothic Horse Bowmen
    Okay, someone else also commented on this, but when I loaded the model all was fine. I have looked at the model and revised it and it loads fine. The model is used for the steppe horse archer as well as the gothic horse archer. I've sent you a PM with the new model. Can you please test it and let me know how you go and I'll include it in the latest addendum.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Okay, someone else also commented on this, but when I loaded the model all was fine. I have looked at the model and revised it and it loads fine. The model is used for the steppe horse archer as well as the gothic horse archer. I've sent you a PM with the new model. Can you please test it and let me know how you go and I'll include it in the latest addendum.
    thank you! now it works very well!!

i overwrite your file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RO\data\models_unit\steppes i know some modding

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-44-48-407.jpg 
Size:	433.0 KB 
ID:	362435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-06-459.jpg 
Size:	803.8 KB 
ID:	362436
    at first, i've got a ctd at this loading screen

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-11-553.jpg 
ID:	362437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-13-887.jpg 
Size:	352.5 KB 
ID:	362438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-28-266.jpg 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	362439

but not anymore~ yeah!

Thank you so much!

+also horse archers of saka-haomavarga has been fixed too! D
    Last edited by servent9; August 23, 2020 at 07:56 AM.

thank you! now it works very well!!

i overwrite your file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RO\data\models_unit\steppes i know some modding

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-44-48-407.jpg 
Size:	433.0 KB 
ID:	362435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-06-459.jpg 
ID:	362436
    at first, i've got a ctd at this loading screen

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-11-553.jpg 
ID:	362437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-13-887.jpg 
Size:	352.5 KB 
ID:	362438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-23 21-45-28-266.jpg 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	362439

but not anymore~ yeah!

Thank you so much!

+also horse archers of saka-haomavarga has been fixed too! D
    That's great news. I've added it to the latest addendum so others can also upgrade. Well done on your part.

Hi, wonderfull mod love playing it.
    Some issues I had:
    • in export_descr_ancillary_enums there weren't all the ancilliaries that are in the export_descr_ancillaries which resulted that you had them in game but their bonuses weren't applayed. I have corrected this issue and can send you the file if you want to.
    • can't recruit legionaries in Carnuntum even when I delete the map.rwm file.
    • legio sextae herculia is missing its tga symbol (ancilliary)
    • Gaius Diocletianus is ThracoRoman I think he should be IllyrianRoman
    • Gallienus is IllyrianRoman I think he should be ItaloRoman
    • 270 campaign eastern legionaryE1/2 have their spears upside down
    • eastern legionaryC1/2 and D1/2 have javelins on their backs but can't use them

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors V View Post
    Hi, wonderfull mod love playing it.
    Thanks

in export_descr_ancillary_enums there weren't all the ancilliaries that are in the export_descr_ancillaries which resulted that you had them in game but their bonuses weren't applayed. I have corrected this issue and can send you the file if you want to.
    Yes please.

can't recruit legionaries in Carnuntum even when I delete the map.rwm file.
    You need to construct a Rudimenta Castra Stativa Legio Romanvmbuilding before you can recruit legionary troops. At the moment looks like you have a Castra Stativa Romanvm Auxilia building which is the one below the Rudimenta Castra Stativa Legio Romanvm building.

legio sextae herculia is missing its tga symbol (ancilliary)
    Will fix.

Gaius Diocletianus is ThracoRoman I think he should be IllyrianRoman
    Will fix.

Gallienus is IllyrianRoman I think he should be ItaloRoman
    He was actually born in Dalmatia so the IllyrianRoman trait is correct.

270 campaign eastern legionaryE1/2 have their spears upside down
    Yes, they are spiculum. Will edit the export_descr_unit file

eastern legionaryC1/2 and D1/2 have javelins on their backs but can't use them
    These are decorative only.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 24, 2020 at 01:34 AM.

Hi,

please find the file attached :-)

Regading Carnuntum, even when I construct Rudimenta Castra Stativa Legio Romanvm I can't recruit legionaries. I looked into export_descr_buildings file and it looks that one of the western legionary recruitment lines is missing hidden resource pannonia.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors V View Post
    Hi,

please find the file attached :-)

Regading Carnuntum, even when I construct Rudimenta Castra Stativa Legio Romanvm I can't recruit legionaries. I looked into export_descr_buildings file and it looks that one of the western legionary recruitment lines is missing hidden resource pannonia.
    Great, thanks for that. As for the recruitment of legionaries in Carnuntum, which campaign(s) have you found this in?

EDIT: I have checked the edb for the recruitment of legionaries in Carnuntum and it stipulates the following:

recruit "western legionary lanciariiC2" 1 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource dalmatia and hidden_resource quadi and hidden_resource iuthungi and resource iron

recruit "western legionaryC2" 1 requires factions { empire_west, empire_west_rebels, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource legion and hidden_resource dalmatia and hidden_resource quadi and hidden_resource iuthungi and resource iron

These are based on the resources allocated to the city being; textiles, iron, slaves, roman, dalmatia, quadi, iuthungi, auxiliary, legion

So you can see that the resources required to recruit the units equates to the resources allocated to the city. I have one solution to the problem is to delete the map.rwm file again and reload the game.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 24, 2020 at 06:02 PM.

i've got a ctd when i tried to bribe a city[this one is Alexandria].

+ bribe city ctd happens without No force diplomacy mod too.
    + with original Kingdom of Palmyra name too.

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-28-59-695.jpg 
Size:	837.2 KB 
ID:	362455
    Last edited by servent9; August 25, 2020 at 06:46 AM.

i've got a ctd when i tried to bribe a city[this one is Alexandria].

+ bribe city ctd happens without No force diplomacy mod too.
    + with original Kingdom of Palmyra name too.

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-28-59-695.jpg 
Size:	837.2 KB 
ID:	362455
    That's one I have never heard of before. Does it happen with just Alexandria? Does it happen every time? What about other cities?

That's one I have never heard of before. Does it happen with just Alexandria? Does it happen every time? What about other cities?
    well.. bribe palmyrian cities cause ctds

bribe army is fine.[for barbarians]

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-58-32-243.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	882.5 KB 
ID:	362456

but i cant bribe gallic empire cities and roman rebels cities there are no option for them

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-59-16-605.jpg 
Size:	970.4 KB 
ID:	362458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-59-26-392.jpg 
Size:	831.1 KB 
ID:	362457
    Last edited by servent9; August 25, 2020 at 07:04 AM.

maybe it's conflict with other roman faction units? like palmyrene cav or legionary are not available for Roman empire. [or General(character) cause this? hmm]

i can bribe a city in this case.

common units between roman and palmyra.

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-05-43-340.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	833.1 KB 
ID:	362459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-05-45-486.jpg 
Size:	857.6 KB 
ID:	362460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-05-47-835.jpg 
Size:	959.8 KB 
ID:	362461

well.. bribe palmyrian cities cause ctds

bribe army is fine.[for barbarians]

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-58-32-243.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	882.5 KB 
ID:	362456

but i cant bribe gallic empire cities and roman rebels cities there are no option for them

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-59-16-605.jpg 
Size:	970.4 KB 
ID:	362458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 20-59-26-392.jpg 
Size:	831.1 KB 
ID:	362457
    Try deleting your map.rwm file and reload the game, then your saved game and see if that helps things.

Try deleting your map.rwm file and reload the game, then your saved game and see if that helps things.
    well sadly it's same
    even i delete map.rwm in RO
    i even delete map.rwm before start
    and save the test file and del Map file and reload. = all same

there are no bribe option for Gallic empire and Roman Rebels.

and i got ctd when i try to bribe Palmyrene city with General or Palmyrene units[cataphract or guard or legionary etc]

but i can bribe a city with a common units[as i said before]

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-17-41-317.jpg 
Size:	844.3 KB 
ID:	362462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-18-02-695.jpg 
Size:	849.0 KB 
ID:	362463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-18-15-718.jpg 
Size:	852.0 KB 
ID:	362464

but can you bribe alexandria with Roman faction?

if so... could you share me a script file or yours?
    Last edited by servent9; August 25, 2020 at 07:25 AM.

well sadly it's same
    even i delete map.rwm in RO
    i even delete map.rwm before start
    and save the test file and del Map file and reload. = all same

there are no bribe option for Gallic empire and Roman Rebels.

and i got ctd when i try to bribe Palmyrene city with General or Palmyrene units[cataphract or guard or legionary etc]

but i can bribe a city with a common units[as i said before]

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-17-41-317.jpg 
Size:	844.3 KB 
ID:	362462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-18-02-695.jpg 
Size:	849.0 KB 
ID:	362463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-08-25 21-18-15-718.jpg 
Size:	852.0 KB 
ID:	362464

but can you bribe alexandria with Roman faction?

if so... could you share me a script file or yours?
    Firstly, bribe isn't always an option with diplomacy, so don't be too bothered when the option isn't there. As for CTD's when bribing, I had none. I was able to bribe some officials and some armies, but not all of course. When I tried bribing Alexandria, they refused of course but there was no CTD, so I don't really know what is going on there. Perhaps a faulty file caused with an incomplete download possibly.