Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD's & Bugs Report

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

Not exactly a CTD, but I haven't found how to activate the soundmod (i.e., the vanilla sound is played). Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Legionier; August 10, 2020 at 08:00 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm getting CTDs during the loading of any battle I try to play with any faction. I've tried a clean install of RTW Gold (Steam) and I'm still experiencing the issue. I'm on the 260 scenario btw. I'll try download the file again and see if that helps, but I've a sneaking suspicion it won't

-region Tribus_Gothiscandza has no port
    -Caesarera (in north Africa) should be corrected to Caesarea
    -Aquitania_Superior should be renamed Aquitania Prima (there are two Aquitania Secunda now, 285 & 293 Campaigns only)
    -Mauretania_Caesariensis and Mauretania_Caesariensis_Inf should have the same names from 260, 268 and 270 campaigns also in 285 & 293.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Legionier View Post
    Not exactly a CTD, but I haven't found how to activate the soundmod (i.e., the vanilla sound is played). Any help appreciated.
    There is no sound mod.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    There is no sound mod.
    Do you mean that (1) as of now it is the vanilla sound that should be playing, or (2) that the original sound (native speech for units, etc.) should be playing by default but something went wrong on my side?

In case of (2), should I just try to reinstall RO or is there some other way around it?

Because there is a folder called ‘Soundmod’ among the data files.
    Last edited by Legionier; August 11, 2020 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionier View Post
    Do you mean that (1) as of now it is the vanilla sound that should be playing, or (2) that the original sound (native speech for units, etc.) should be playing but something went wrong on my side?

In case of (2), should I just try to reinstall RO or is there some other way around it?
    The vanilla sound mod should be playing. If it is not then reinstall the mod.

Ernst von Jacob's Avatar Tiro

I got CTD everytime i fight against goths in 260 campaign. I lost whole balkan because i used only automatic battles. I tried it in custom battles and still get the CTD with goths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst von Jacob View Post
    I got CTD everytime i fight against goths in 260 campaign. I lost whole balkan because i used only automatic battles. I tried it in custom battles and still get the CTD with goths.
    Could you please post a screenshot of the gothic army so that I can check them. Does the CTD occur while loading the battle or during the battle? What happens if you play against them in another campaign?

I tested every unit in custom battles its the gothic horse bowmen which is cause the CTD

I tested every unit in custom battles its the gothic horse bowmen which is cause the CTD
    When I load the gothic horse archer I have no CTD's. I can also have battles against the Goths with no CTD's. I tested it again and all was fine. I t may be a faulty download installation. Can I suggest downloading the install again, or trying the RAR install and see what happens.

https://prnt.sc/tyunuc

After a battle against the berbers.

https://prnt.sc/tyunuc

After a battle against the berbers.
    That is strange. It makes me think something went wrong either with your install or more likely your download.

perhaps its because i have RTW gold steam version. I reinstalled the whole RWT and RO but still CTD with that gothic unit :/

Dear JH and Saul,
    Sorry to be back with the same problem. I have downloaded again everything (thanks Saul, thanks JH) and I get exactly the same result, which is:
    I launch RO OK, then, when I click on "Single player" and then when I choose a faction (I have tried with Palmyra and the Roman Empire), the game "should be" launching but totally freezes and even if I leave it 30 minutes, nothing happens. So frozen to death
    I would LOVE to play this mod, even if (JH, you may remember me) I think it may be as for SAI, too much money (king purse) to large factions.
    Please, please, help me!
    Yours sincerely, and many thanks for your work,
    FFJean

Sorry to add as a joke: I don't want to play it, I need to play it! (my son's first name is Maxence...)

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear JH and Saul,
    Sorry to be back with the same problem. I have downloaded again everything (thanks Saul, thanks JH) and I get exactly the same result, which is:
    I launch RO OK, then, when I click on "Single player" and then when I choose a faction (I have tried with Palmyra and the Roman Empire), the game "should be" launching but totally freezes and even if I leave it 30 minutes, nothing happens. So frozen to death
    I would LOVE to play this mod, even if (JH, you may remember me) I think it may be as for SAI, too much money (king purse) to large factions.
    Please, please, help me!
    Yours sincerely, and many thanks for your work,
    FFJean
    I've sent you a PM. Please make sure you have a clean install of RTW & BI

Thanks to Saul Tyre,
    I am 150% certain all is perfect wrt my install.
    Will do as per your instructions (the disciplinate FFJean: not me!)
    Thanks JH,
    FFJean

I'm having some of the biggest battles I'ver ever had with RomeTW, and it's really cool, but unfortunately I get a lot of lag. Turning down the unit details seems to make it a lot more fluid, but unfortunately some units appear to be missing sprites:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Playing as Diocletian's empire in 293.

PS.

Loving the mod so far. The amount of detail and effort put in is staggering!
    Last edited by Dansk viking; August 20, 2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk viking View Post
    I'm having some of the biggest battles I'ver ever had with RomeTW, and it's really cool, but unfortunately I get a lot of lag. Turning down the unit details seems to make it a lot more fluid, but unfortunately some units appear to be missing sprites: Playing as Diocletian's empire in 293.
    Yes, RTW/BI exe does not seem to handle large battles too well. As for the sprites, I've checked the files, used the Zeus tool to check for missing sprites and checked that unit in game and found there was no missing sprites so I can only assume that for some reason those sprites were not loaded during the download. You could check your sprites file to see if the files exist in your folder.

Loving the mod so far. The amount of detail and effort put in is staggering!
    Thanks for the kind words.

Hmm.. The sprite files seem to be there. Could the specific ones be faulty somehow?

In any case, I'll try reinstalling.
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum