Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: CTD's & Bugs Report

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

hello, im using the mod in a rome steam (with barbarian invasion) installation. the 270 ad campaign works ok but if i try to install any of the others i get an error message while loading "error in descr_sm_factions line 37 horde units min is not supported. the installation path for the additional campaign is d:steam:rome:ro right?

Dear all,
    After JH kindly explained the how to, I have finally managed to install RO on my computer and have it run.
    I have first installed it on my RTW digital version (with BI) and had a problem of crash to desktop around 273AD playing with Bosphore when the "Gaelic tribe" turn is showing.
    I then installed a different download on my Steam RTW BI version.
    Played with Bosphore again, then Armenia.
    Went back to RTW-BI on my digital version, playing with Armenia.
    Why do I chose this nations? Because I like small nations, and horse archers
    The problem is that with the 4 games, I have had a crash to desktop quickly (again, around 272-273AD, playing the 270AD campaign, the one that is installed originally) each time when I see the Gaelic tribe symbol. I attach my save games, did anybody experience the same?
    Did anybody try this small nations, Armenia and Bosphore?
    Thanks in advance,
    FFJean
    PS: sorry, don't know why, when I try to attach the saves, it just answer "invalid file".
    Last edited by FFJean; February 25, 2022 at 09:43 AM.

Dear all,
    Not to solve the problem I have with the 2 BI based versions (Steam and not Steam), I have installed the ALEX version, as explained by JH. I remember that scrolling through the RO forum, I had read something about a script Error and the "horde_units" not supported crashing to desktop - which is exactly what is happening to me.
    Could anybody direct me to thhe solution to this crash? I have read through RO ALX and the ctd discussion and can't find again the relevant info.
    Thank you,
    FFJean

hiatus due to random campaign ctd for 260 ad campaign[alex engine]. i have never experienced this ctds before[other campaigns]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2022-02-27 03-04-51-912.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	428.7 KB 
ID:	366726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2022-02-27 03-07-44-060.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	366727

im really frustrated after the hard fight

maybe it's curse of the gallienus?

maybe its time to little rest until final version or remaster.

save file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jOb...ew?usp=sharing

thank you for this wonderful mod

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus View Post
    hiatus due to random campaign ctd for 260 ad campaign[alex engine]. i have never experienced this ctds before[other campaigns]

Name:	bandicam 2022-02-27 03-04-51-912.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	428.7 KB 
ID:	366726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2022-02-27 03-07-44-060.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	366727

im really frustrated after the hard fight

maybe it's curse of the gallienus?

maybe its time to little rest until final version or remaster.

save file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jOb...ew?usp=sharing

thank you for this wonderful mod
    I loaded your campaign okay, and was able to move thru another turn. It seems that your issue relates to that old bug in relation to too many troops on the battlefield for the computer to manage. I thought that that issue only happened with RTW/BI but I have also experienced this with the Alex.exe. I know it can be frustrating and sometimes you just have to autoresolve it. I am hoping that this issue will be fixed with the Rome Remastered version.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear all,
    Not to solve the problem I have with the 2 BI based versions (Steam and not Steam), I have installed the ALEX version, as explained by JH. I remember that scrolling through the RO forum, I had read something about a script Error and the "horde_units" not supported crashing to desktop - which is exactly what is happening to me.
    Could anybody direct me to thhe solution to this crash? I have read through RO ALX and the ctd discussion and can't find again the relevant info.
    Thank you,
    FFJean
    Hi FFJean, it seems your issues relate to campaign install problems. Have you managed to get the BI version going? If not can you send me any saved files that I can have a look at. I assume that you have the latest install available?

Thank you JH,
    I have finally managed to install and play your great mod. With BI so far, the "horde_units" does not allow me to play it ALX.
    I will send you via mail the saves (don't know how to upload it here).
    Yours,
    FFJean

Thank you JH,
    I have finally managed to install and play your great mod. With BI so far, the "horde_units" does not allow me to play it ALX.
    I will send you via mail the saves (don't know how to upload it here).
    Yours,
    FFJean
    Glad to hear about the BI version. But if you are getting the "horde_units" error it means that you have either incorrectly added the alex campaign or that you are missing the chat_filter.san file. You will now if you have installed the Alex version as inside your RO folder there should be an "Campaign Installed.txt" file which when opened should read "ROV1.0 260AD Campaign RTW-Alex.exe Version 6tpy Script added"

Regarding the ALX campaign, I have a "Campaign Installed.txt" file, but it does not say what you pasted. For me it is "ROV1.0 270AD Campaign RTW-BI Version 6tpy Script added"
    Frankly I can't see what I did wrongly (but you know me for at least 10 yrs, I am not great with IT )

Regarding the ALX campaign, I have a "Campaign Installed.txt" file, but it does not say what you pasted. For me it is "ROV1.0 270AD Campaign RTW-BI Version 6tpy Script added"
    Okay, that to me says you have not installed the alex campaign correctly. Please ensure you direct your particular alex campaign install into your RO folder. You also need to make sure that you have the same campaigns for both BI and Alex installed. For example, if you want to play the 260AD campaign with the Alex.exe you need to install the BI 260AD campaign first, then install the alex 260AD campaign.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; February 26, 2022 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    I loaded your campaign okay, and was able to move thru another turn. It seems that your issue relates to that old bug in relation to too many troops on the battlefield for the computer to manage. I thought that that issue only happened with RTW/BI but I have also experienced this with the Alex.exe. I know it can be frustrating and sometimes you just have to autoresolve it. I am hoping that this issue will be fixed with the Rome Remastered version.
    wow.. remastered version would be my dream day

always thank you for your great works

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Okay, someone else also commented on this, but when I loaded the model all was fine. I have looked at the model and revised it and it loads fine. The model is used for the steppe horse archer as well as the gothic horse archer. I've sent you a PM with the new model. Can you please test it and let me know how you go and I'll include it in the latest addendum.
    Hey Julianus Heraclius, first of all many thanks for this amazing mod. It's just amazing gameplay. Fun in every aspect.

Concerning CTDs I guess that I have the same issue with the goth horse archers as you solved in post #47.
    I'm playing the 285 campaign as Imperium Dioclitiani with fullscript. The first fight battle against a goth stack with goth horse archers and I get the CTD.

Is is possible to get the revised model?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Fist View Post
    Hey Julianus Heraclius, first of all many thanks for this amazing mod. It's just amazing gameplay. Fun in every aspect.

Concerning CTDs I guess that I have the same issue with the goth horse archers as you solved in post #47.
    I'm playing the 285 campaign as Imperium Dioclitiani with fullscript. The first fight battle against a goth stack with goth horse archers and I get the CTD.

Is is possible to get the revised model?

Thanks in advance!
    You need to download and install the latest addendum "G" which contains the revised model. You will fink the link to it in the Addendum Thread.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

You need to download and install the latest addendum "G" which contains the revised model. You will fink the link to it in the Addendum Thread.
    Thanks a lot! Will do.

Icon1 Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

Not a ctd or bug, just a minor error in descr_building for the port of Ostia.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    city of Ostia, not Rome?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius92 View Post
    Not a ctd or bug, just a minor error in descr_building for the port of Ostia.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    city of Ostia, not Rome?

Thanks for that. Have corrected it.

Icon1 Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

Thanks for that. Have corrected it.
    Don't mention it mr. JH.

I'll add a few more things (again, not CTD so tell me if this is the most approrpriate thread). Hoping to not be too pedantic/long post/wrong formatting

Noticed a lot of Legatus_legio ancillaries do not influence their master
    exemplii gratia

carrobalistae problem

Lutetia too much north east?

problem building Rome
    when booking one of the two majors, the other one disappear

missing building img
    waiting for Joar?

regio name?

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius92 View Post
    I'll add a few more things (again, not CTD so tell me if this is the most approrpriate thread). Hoping to not be too pedantic/long post/wrong formatting
    All good, appreciate your input.

Noticed a lot of Legatus_legio ancillaries do not influence their master
    Have rectified this.

carrobalistae problem
    Not sure about this one.
    Lutetia too much north east?
    Noted, but I am not a mapper I'm afraid.
    problem building Rome when booking one of the two majors, the other one disappear
    Not sure about this, will investigate
    missing building img, waiting for Joar?
    Correct
    regio name?
    Fixed.

Thanks again for your input.

Noted, but I am not a mapper I'm afraid
    Thanks again for your input.
    Dumb me, northWEST. Don't know if it is just me, but it really looked too much close to the ocean, even confronting it on a map (wikipedia, Attila campaign in the west)

same ctd[from Imperivm Constantini beta] happens when i destroy white romans.

save file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u6_...ew?usp=sharing

only one character[faction leader remain] yet ctd happened

this happens in 260 AD alex engine version.

Name:	bandicam 2022-08-16 14-38-20-541.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	430.4 KB 
ID:	367949
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; August 16, 2022 at 10:41 AM.