Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD's & Bugs Report

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default CTD's & Bugs Report

Use this thread to discuss all aspects of RESTITVTOR ORBIS!

When posting any issues please ensure that you list the following:

1. Campaign you are playing

2. Faction you are playing

3. Turn the CTD occured.

4. Screenshot(s) if possible
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 07, 2020 at 04:33 AM.

Default CTD's & Bug Thread

Dear JH,
    My antivirus does not allow me to complete the download of RO BETA. Do you have a clue of how I can force it?
    Thanks in advance,
    FFJean
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 02, 2020 at 07:31 AM.

Default CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear JH,
    My antivirus does not allow me to complete the download of RO BETA. Do you have a clue of how I can force it?
    Thanks in advance,
    FFJean
    You may need to turn your antivirus off while you download the mod. I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 02, 2020 at 07:32 AM.

Default Re: RELEASED: RESTITVTOR ORBIS (BETA)

Dear all,
    I have installed RO and launched it. However, each time I select a faction to play (tried Goths, Palmyra and Roma), the window freezes forever as it tries to go to the faction game.
    Did anybody encountered the same problem?
    Yours,
    FFJean

GROB's Avatar Civis

[QUOTE=FFJean;15939680]Dear all,
    I have installed RO and launched it. However, each time I select a faction to play (tried Goths, Palmyra and Roma), the window freezes forever as it tries to go to the faction game.
    Yours,
    FFJean[/QUOTE Hi FF Jean, I too encounted the same problem plus no sound also. I tried anything I could think of and no results,
    Last edited by GROB; August 03, 2020 at 04:52 AM.

Dear all,
    Yours,
    FFJean
    I have loaded the game and had no such problem. Which campaign are you referring to and which installation did you use. Are you running the game via steam or CD?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

[QUOTE=GROB;15939835]
    Dear all,
    Yours,
    FFJean[/QUOTE Hi FF Jean, I too encounted the same problem plus no sound also. I tried anything I could think of and no results,
    No such problems here, the mod is playing beautifully thus far for me, have you tried applying the file we are not allowed to mention to the exe?

Thanks to the exceptionally talented Julianus and team for this stunning work
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia View Post
    Use this thread to discuss all aspects of RESTITVTOR ORBIS!
    Just a hint: the colour of the quotes in the loading panel could be (easily?) changed into a dark one so that the players can read them :-)

BTW, I've got a question: how do you cope with the 24-building limit in the RTW engine (especially in great cities with unique buildings, like Rome)? Should players go beyond 24?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 03, 2020 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Just a hint: the colour of the quotes in the loading panel could be (easily?) changed into a dark one so that the players can read them :-)

BTW, I've got a question: how do you cope with the 24-building limit in the RTW engine (especially in great cities with unique buildings, like Rome)? Should players go beyond 24?
    And how can that be done??

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    And how can that be done??
    Frankly speaking, I don't know if it's possible for the RTW engine, but here is a tool for the M2TW engine, I think it's possible to achieve this result.
    This guy has been experimenting with fonts for the SSHIP, maybe he's got more insights or is capable of answering precise ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Frankly speaking, I don't know if it's possible for the RTW engine, but here is a tool for the M2TW engine, I think it's possible to achieve this result.
    This guy has been experimenting with fonts for the SSHIP, maybe he's got more insights or is capable of answering precise ones.
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    I have loaded the game and had no such problem. Which campaign are you referring to and which installation did you use. Are you running the game via steam or CD?
    I use the « regular » campaign (i.e. the one that is loading after normal installation without changing a campaign) and a CD version. I did as you told me to install and it looks like a sound installation.
    As we discussed last week, my SAI campaign is very smooth and I encounter no problem with it.
    Any idea of what I should try?
    Best regards,
    FFJean

[QUOTE=Saul Tyre;15939858]
    Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post

No such problems here, the mod is playing beautifully thus far for me, have you tried applying the file we are not allowed to mention to the exe?

Thanks to the exceptionally talented Julianus and team for this stunning work
    Maybe we could discuss this via mail?

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

1) In medio-Oriente region,there are 2 different types of Cavalry units.that named both Palmyrian Clibanarii

2) Where can I recruit Herculiani Legio? I already tried in Mediolanum,with maximum level of baracks,but nothing! (I'm playing with Romans,293 D.C. Campaign)
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

There is problem with mines, I was playing default campaign with Romans and in some cities doesn't matter if you build a mine, you earn nothing
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    There is problem with mines, I was playing default campaign with Romans and in some cities doesn't matter if you build a mine, you earn nothing
    I had a similar problem in SAI, where mines were available for construction in a certain turn, and the following they were not. Maybe there's something wrong with hidden resources, could you please tell which cities?

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Yes, I have just noticed this. Looking across the campaign map, at all factions, some cities have the mines while others don't. For example, playing the Axsumites, I can build mines and once built the income shows next turn. When I play the Palmyrans, I build a mine in Palmyra and Edessa and when built no income is shown. There are also existing mines in cities like Alexandria and nothing shows, whereas with cities like Iconium and Constantia the mines are shown on the strat map and they show incomes. I have checked the regions.txt and buildings files and I can see nothing obvious to explain this curiosity. It would be good if you guys could also look into this.

EDIT: Have solved the problem. Constructed mines won't show on the Strat Map unless the gold or silver resource icons exist on the map. When I put them on the map near Edessa, and then constructed a mine, the constructed the mine on the strat map where the gold or silver resource icon was positioned and the city started earning income from the mining. This means I will need to check the regions.txt file for those cities that have silver and gold included as resources and make sure that are included on the strat.map. I will try and do this over the weekend and put out a upgrade patch and upgrade the main files for future downloads.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 07, 2020 at 04:09 AM.

Good find. Cheers!
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

CTD before battle (it gets to the loading screen, loads about a third, then CTD)

1. 270 Campaign

2. Roman Empire

3. 2
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    CTD before battle (it gets to the loading screen, loads about a third, then CTD)

1. 270 Campaign

2. Roman Empire

3. 2
    have you tried loading the battle again. And can you give me a screenshot of your army and the enemy army? Who are the enemy?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast