Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Hi, yeah been mostly off than on

Interesting, this sounds llike a wicked bug. It would be real interesting to have that save file where it happens, I could debug it from there. Is it possible for me to have it?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Ai...ew?usp=sharing this one for example, the Arverni have their starting region and Bibracte, but i'm unable to purchase Bibracte as the tooltip states it to be their last region.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Ai...ew?usp=sharing this one for example, the Arverni have their starting region and Bibracte, but i'm unable to purchase Bibracte as the tooltip states it to be their last region.
    Thank you very much for the file. Unfortunately I couldn't run it on DeI, dont know why.... however I checked the code and tested it. Bibracte is indeed a special capital, you cannot trade special capitals on this mod. The tooltip should indicate this. If not, it is a locale bug.

Thank you very much for the file. Unfortunately I couldn't run it on DeI, don't know why.... however I checked the code and tested it. Bibracte is indeed a special capital, you cannot trade special capitals on this mod. The tooltip should indicate this. If not, it is a locale bug.
    Yeah, I use custom unit mods, so it wouldn't work when you don't have them installed. I had hoped the special capital limit was removed, since I'd want it to work at least when i have them as an ally or client state. But the bug also occurs with regular regions, the vivisci had several regions in Iberia that were listed as their sole region. Then after 10+ turns I got the message that i was able to buy a region, despite this not being the case, then I was suddenly able to get the message regarding the buying chance for it to then revert back to them being listed as "the sole region" for the faction.

Yeah, I use custom unit mods, so it wouldn't work when you don't have them installed. I had hoped the special capital limit was removed, since I'd want it to work at least when i have them as an ally or client state. But the bug also occurs with regular regions, the vivisci had several regions in Iberia that were listed as their sole region. Then after 10+ turns I got the message that i was able to buy a region, despite this not being the case, then I was suddenly able to get the message regarding the buying chance for it to then revert back to them being listed as "the sole region" for the faction.
    I see, this is getting quite interesting. I'm hoping to produce the bug with more testing, so lets see what I can come up with this...
    There was this good suggestion that if mod would be made modular -> people could turn features on and off like in options library etc. I liked that suggestion and this most likely will be incorporated in the future updates I'm sure.

I see, this is getting quite interesting. I'm hoping to produce the bug with more testing, so lets see what I can come up with this...
    There was this good suggestion that if mod would be made modular -> people could turn features on and off like in options library etc. I liked that suggestion and this most likely will be incorporated in the future updates I'm sure.
    Hello! I have one question, so as I understand, this wonderful sub mod does not work with the no population/no supply sub mod, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelianus753 View Post
    Hello! I have one question, so as I understand, this wonderful sub mod does not work with the no population/no supply sub mod, right?
    Hi, I'm pretty sure it does not work. Its because this mod is based on top of the latest version of DeI and hence its campaign script includes both "lua_scripts.population" and "lua_scripts.supply_system" there will be problems... Its just that you cannot put mods on top of other as long as they are based on scripting. If you do, you need to fork the scripting.lua and thats just something you cannot do without actually know what you are doing...

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

won't work. you'd need to set up the external callbacks properly in the campaign script sheet

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but how do I go about adding this to my game? I'm not incredibly computer-savvy and I've never seen a .pack file before, is there something I need to open it or just add it straight into the game files?

Quote Originally Posted by vjc0810 View Post
    Forgive me if this is a silly question, but how do I go about adding this to my game? I'm not incredibly computer-savvy and I've never seen a .pack file before, is there something I need to open it or just add it straight into the game files?
    Download https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm/releases, install, open .pack-file, make sure Rome 2 is selected ad a game and hit install. The mod should the show up in the mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by vjc0810 View Post
    Well you dont need this RPFM tool, just download the .pack and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\
    Then use launcher to put it on top (Should work if it is on top of DeI releases atleast)

Hey MrTimbe
    I have a slight issue.
    The mod doesn't subtract any money from my treasury when I buy a region (and probably AI treasury when selling as well). I'm completely sure the problem isn't due to mod conflicts.
    I've also messed with the script a bit, neither the effect bundle (Region_Trade_Deal) nor treasury_mod seem to work for subtraction either. Don't know if they would work normally, just thought I should mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithra's Youngest Cousin View Post
    Hey MrTimbe
    I have a slight issue.
    The mod doesn't subtract any money from my treasury when I buy a region (and probably AI treasury when selling as well). I'm completely sure the problem isn't due to mod conflicts.
    I've also messed with the script a bit, neither the effect bundle (Region_Trade_Deal) nor treasury_mod seem to work for subtraction either. Don't know if they would work normally, just thought I should mention it.
    Hi there,

This was once an issue back in the day. There was a fix in ver_2.2
    "- Due to scripting limitations, the cost is now a one turn faction bundle (check faction UI, also message is shown as earlier)"
    Tested it and worked. However when buying selling, the script adds funds, tested this also.
    Is there any way you could repeat that error and maybe post here?

I'm sorry if I'm just too dense, but I'm a bit lost here. Can you tell me how the mod works, especially the new features like selling regions?

I'm not even sure if I installed it correctly because I don't see any new buttons and the advisor doesn't say anything either. I had no luck with diplomatic missions as well, despite my dignitary beeing deployed in the region. What should I look out for exactly?

Thanks!

Make sure to install the mod in the highest load order, you should see a yellow money icon when you select one of your regions, when you wish to sell a region, you click on the icon and then click on the same icon when you select a region belonging to the faction you wish to sell to.

Make sure to install the mod in the highest load order, you should see a yellow money icon when you select one of your regions, when you wish to sell a region, you click on the icon and then click on the same icon when you select a region belonging to the faction you wish to sell to.
    Thanks dude, didn't have it on top in the load order, that was the issue. Works great so far, many thanks @
    MrTimbe68 for this great mod.

Is there a way to undo the sale of a settlement?

I'm doing a Seleukid campaign in DEI and I had recently satrapied Armenia and tried to sell some settlements to them, but they rebelled on me the turn after I began the sale. They didn't receive the settlements, I still own them, but they're stuck in a limbo where a sale is ongoing and so I cannot engage in anymore sales. I made a white peace with Armenia but the issue is still ongoing after a few turns.

I'll see if I can do anything to rectify it but may take a few days at least before I get back to the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaedheal View Post
    Is there a way to undo the sale of a settlement?

I'm doing a Seleukid campaign in DEI and I had recently satrapied Armenia and tried to sell some settlements to them, but they rebelled on me the turn after I began the sale. They didn't receive the settlements, I still own them, but they're stuck in a limbo where a sale is ongoing and so I cannot engage in anymore sales. I made a white peace with Armenia but the issue is still ongoing after a few turns.

I'll see if I can do anything to rectify it but may take a few days at least before I get back to the campaign.
    Hi,

Sounds like you found a glitch. There is a mechanic that cancells sale if you manage to lose the selled settlement in between turns BUT, if the buyer becomes you enemy in between, it seems that something goes broken... Let me investigate this and get back to you...

Hi,

Sounds like you found a glitch. There is a mechanic that cancells sale if you manage to lose the selled settlement in between turns BUT, if the buyer becomes you enemy in between, it seems that something goes broken... Let me investigate this and get back to you...
    OK, I added a bug fix for this that can be found here -> Trade_Regions_2.4

I decided to post entirely new patch with this fix included (2.4) since I have done some other unpublished code tweaks before... Lets hope this will solve the problem

Hello, does this work for coop?

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

Can you make this mod compatible with other DLC's like Empire Divided, Caesar in Gaul, Hannibal at the Gates, Wrath of Sparta and Rise of the Republic, please? Thank you.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast