Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dipolomat)

Hello!
    I think it would be Christmas for me if there was a German translation! May I make a wish ????

MfG Lupo!

I don't think it would be overly complicated, the question would be, what would have to be changed? i just mean, the texts in the message window?

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    I don't think it would be overly complicated, the question would be, what would have to be changed? i just mean, the texts in the message window?

Only the .loc files need to be translated, meaning the text files. Theres four hundred lines but most of them are repetition. I could make the Finnish translations but not the German unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Only the .loc files need to be translated, meaning the text files. Theres four hundred lines but most of them are repetition. I could make the Finnish translations but not the German unfortunately

I will do it

what would I need for that? The pack manager? Anything else?

I will do it

what would I need for that? The pack manager? Anything else?
    That will do, the texts are located in text\db\ folder with the .loc extension

That will do, the texts are located in text\db\ folder with the .loc extension

What is the best editor to change the text? or do you recommend the notepad?

What is the best editor to change the text? or do you recommend the notepad?
    Excel is the best when theres a lot of .locs. You can copy-paste and alter the cells with that most efficient way.

Hi,

Is it possible or does the script not allow you to give regions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddi View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible or does the script not allow you to give regions?

You cannot give regions to AI. It could be made possible though but since AI does not have the brains to utilize tha ability the right way there's no point to it...

I was thinking about to add a button to player just to give settlement away but then it would be plain "give settlement, receive money"... it just dull, theres no diplomatic angle to it whatsoever.
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; January 12, 2021 at 11:23 AM.

Is this working with most recent version?

Also, giving land to the AI is VERY important, regardless of whether the AI has the brains to utilize any of this. The AI doesn't have the "brains" to utilize most anything, I often play with a forced diplo for this very reason. Not to exploit the AI, but to roleplay with more realism. Never forcing anything that doesn't seem completely reasonable. (This way the AI won't always fight to the death, as wars were often not fought as such.

I wish someone would develop a warscore system for Rome 2/DEI akin to the paradox games....

Anyhow, is there or will there ever be a complete trade regions mod for Rome 2? (regardless of players ability to exploit, just having the option would be nice, like the one for Attila.)
    Last edited by bthizle1; March 14, 2021 at 09:07 PM.

You cannot give regions to AI. It could be made possible though but since AI does not have the brains to utilize tha ability the right way there's no point to it...

I was thinking about to add a button to player just to give settlement away but then it would be plain "give settlement, receive money"... it just dull, theres no diplomatic angle to it whatsoever.
    I think that such a button would be great for roleplay purpose, like I'm doing a semi-historical playthrough as Rome and sometimes i come across situations where some factions that Rome was supposed to be at war with at a later date got destroyed by another faction too early. Yes I could wage war on the later and liberate the settlement for the former, but that can only work once. If the 'give-settlement to AI' function is available, I could just take more settlements and then give them to the De-jure faction with ease and with historical accuracy in mind. Yes players could easily and temptingly abuse the mechanics, but hey, it's the player`s game world anyway, and talking about cheating and exploitation, we even have another mod here where players can click on an army or agent and have said army/agent vanished into thin air at once. Anyway that's my thought and I would be grateful if you could add in such a useful function!

Yes, I too would really like for there to be the option to give regions to AI.

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    Yes, I too would really like for there to be the option to give regions to AI.

This could happen, with some amounth of money perhaps in exchange... It required a button ofcourse. I'm not an expert on that button thing, it also requires some graphical assistance. If someone would make that button and mod that settlement panel for that it would not be a problem to script giveaways...

Maybe jake could help with hex edits although he is busy with ror stuff so idk

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I can spawn a couple of custom buttons yeah
    let me know how and where you want them

Is this mod uploaded to Steam(can't find it) and does it work with 1.3 DeI mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    Yea ı cant find either. Wonder is going to be update. And with this mod we can't give region to AI ?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dantes View Post
    Yea ı cant find either. Wonder is going to be update. And with this mod we can't give region to AI ?

It'll probably need an update for 1.3 and AFAIK Mr.Timber is sadly inactive, since 2021.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 19, 2022 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Typo

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

It doesn't need an update, you can use it without problems with 1.3

I know that timbe's intentions were to build something more complex and maybe include something for AI too
    he's not completely inactive but I can't say if he'll do or not

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Good to know, Jake
    I only checked his personal page's activity. Let's hope he'll come back to it, eventually.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast