Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Semisalis

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dipolomat)

Ok I'll try the fix. About the war between arevaci and insubres it only started a few turns ago. I've been trying to acquire this region since the start of the campaign when the arevaci took it form carthage.

Edit: ok followed your advice and seems it worked. Installed 2.1 then broken treaties with insubres and managed to get a defensive alliance with arevaci. Now i have a 36% chance with a 10000 gold cost. Still have to get the city but i think is just a matter of time now.

Edit2: finally managed to get the city! really great mod. what about adding the opportunity to annex 1 region factions? Of course it has to be really difficult and expensive but it could represent the annexation of small client states/satrapies.
    Last edited by Goffredo85; August 14, 2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    Ok I'll try the fix. About the war between arevaci and insubres it only started a few turns ago. I've been trying to acquire this region since the start of the campaign when the arevaci took it form carthage.

Edit: ok followed your advice and seems it worked. Installed 2.1 then broken treaties with insubres and managed to get a defensive alliance with arevaci. Now i have a 36% chance with a 10000 gold cost. Still have to get the city but i think is just a matter of time now.

Edit2: finally managed to get the city! really great mod. what about adding the opportunity to annex 1 region factions? Of course it has to be really difficult and expensive but it could represent the annexation of small client states/satrapies.
    Hi,

Glad to hear it worked out. Don't know about that, I always though that the last settlement would be taken by force since it's the end of that faction but... never know. Let's see where this is heading.

I mean, Rome did historically integrate its clients after their subjugation.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaSon21 View Post
    I mean, Rome did historically integrate its clients after their subjugation.
    Did they pay them for it?

Now, this is not a historical mod, never intented it to be but I'm always open to new ideas. So lets see, theres still a bug fixing period in this one so I'm not too willing to add new features at this moment.

Semisalis

Well Attalus III left his kingdom as inheritance to the roman republic once he died, while several puppet states where annexed by political means and trasformed in provinces during the principate. Of course the alternative would have been an invasion so there was really no choice for them. Since this is something that we cannot replicate in game, acquiring them through money is the only real option. Besides if it remains limited to small 1/2 region client states it would be just a tool for roleplaying as such a small faction is hardly a worthy opponent. Of course it's up to you to decide as it is your mod, we are merely suggesting.

+ rep

Well Attalus III left his kingdom as inheritance to the roman republic once he died, while several puppet states where annexed by political means and trasformed in provinces during the principate. Of course the alternative would have been an invasion so there was really no choice for them. Since this is something that we cannot replicate in game, acquiring them through money is the only real option. Besides if it remains limited to small 1/2 region client states it would be just a tool for roleplaying as such a small faction is hardly a worthy opponent. Of course it's up to you to decide as it is your mod, we are merely suggesting.
    Yeah, it could work.

I mean if the last region acquirance would be much cheaper, lets say 1/4 of the original or so.... And the chances would also be slightly higher. I'm open to any suggestions by all means.
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; August 17, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

Semisalis

Another small suggestion regarding special capitals. While it makes perfect sense that their original owners would never agree to sell their capital, what about when they are conquered by another faction? For example in my campaign the Athenian Tyrants would not agree to sell Pella because it's their special capital, while i already conquered Athens from the spartans.

Hi,

New version 2.2 is launched! Thanks to Goffredo85 suggestion, the client states can now be acquired (even if last region). They are easier to get due to fact that you are their overlord.
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; August 25, 2020 at 10:35 PM.

Semisalis

oh my...you make me blush. Wonderful update btw!
    ps.: now if you could only find a way to have us gift regions to the ai that would be perfect, a roleplayer's dream come true!

oh my...you make me blush. Wonderful update btw!
    ps.: now if you could only find a way to have us gift regions to the ai that would be perfect, a roleplayer's dream come true!
    Well this definitely requires the "button" that we talked about earlier. i.e. you select the city and then press button and script triggers...maybe with some money given to the player or something like that. I would say this could happen in the future.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Shiny little buttons are on their way
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was able to solve every Hex editing issue, now I need to check how to spawn them inside other panels (like char/army or faction/political)

this mod made my day.

Very Good work, i will test it if i bought my new PC in December

It would be nice if in a later version it would also be possible to trade with hostile nations and if an offered region would carry a good weight for a ceasefire e.g. With Marc Anton at the Emperor campaign with the parthians

L.ANNIVS's Avatar Foederatus
    Over there, by the river and the hills...

IF ANYONE FROM CA IS READING THIS...

It would be great if next patch will implement the option to ask/give region to other faction via diplomatic panel... Like in old Rome I or Medieval II, also needed for peace treaties or ceasefire.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

no need for CA, now that we can spawn buttons we can easily build it ourselves same way CA would do, no... wait... better

Great to see something finally coming to life, I did seem to notice that playing as a client state, I didn't seem to be able to buy it off my overlord? If this is intended, could there be a version without restrictions on the special settlements and client states please?
    Last edited by Dardo21; September 20, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

I just completed a province by buying off Odessos and prevented a war... for now.
    Great job man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Great to see something finally coming to life, I did seem to notice that playing as a client state, I didn't seem to be able to buy it off my overlord? If this is intended, could there be a version without restrictions on the special settlements and client states please?
    Hi,

So you play as client state and try to acquire your masters region? Or vice versa? It's designed so that as a master you can more easily acquire your client states region, other way around haven't tested it but on codingwise, it's not restricted as far as I know. It does not take concern whether your a client or not.

Hmm, I've had an agent as Judea in one of Anthony's towns, but it just wouldn't ever give me the option to buy it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast