No, I don't want to hate around, and no, I don't want to take away your fun or whatsoever.

Yes, the title may be provoking, and I may draw some hate upon me, but there's a reason for everything. Let me explain this one, and let me jump straight in:
TWS: Troy is, literally speaking, a Trojan horse. Why?

As you know the game will be Epic exclusive for a year, and free to gain on the day of release.
Why did the devs decide so? Let's quote CA directly from their blog:

Quote Originally Posted by TW Blog
Right now, this is a one-time, one-year exclusive deal for TROY. We’ve always said that Saga titles allow us to experiment, and this is an experiment on a grand scale. TROY seemed like a good game to try this out with, especially as pre-orders aren’t live on Steam yet, so no one’s already put money into a store they’ll have to wait 12 extra months for it to appear on.
Yes, yes. The devs quoted this'll be a one time test, but you know what it means, right? Of course you do. We're all strategy players after all.
By registering at Epic Game Store and downloading the game for 'free', you are directly supporting the strategy of 'free' exclusives. You're giving the devs a big 'yes, that's a good move'-approval. I'd rather wait a year and pay for a polished game than to support something like that. Nothing is truly free after all.

Yeah, yeah, competition is good, and I think it's a good thing if EGS takes on Steam and the like, but exclusives are not the way to do so. By that you become the very thing you swore to destroy. So the only way to say 'no' is by refusing this deal, obviously.

Well. to each his own, I'd say. Once again, this isn't meant to hate around, or to tell anyone what he has to do. Go however you see fit. Nothing else to do anyway.