Thread: Potential Successor on a Client Ruler character.

Default Potential Successor on a Client Ruler character.

Did anyone try moving the Potential Successor ancillary to a character from the outside of the factional tree?

Is this even possible?

Does it work at all? Are the characters becoming Faction Heirs? Or is the ancillary lost on them? Will the game crash or the save become corrupted?

I'm tempted to test it, but I'm not sure if I feel adventurous enough.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Default Re: Potential Successor on a Client Ruler character.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Did anyone try moving the Potential Successor ancillary to a character from the outside of the factional tree?

Is this even possible?

Does it work at all? Are the characters becoming Faction Heirs? Or is the ancillary lost on them? Will the game crash or the save become corrupted?

I'm tempted to test it, but I'm not sure if I feel adventurous enough.
    A considerable amount of traits and anciliaries demand that characters are family members.

Most likely they could carry the anciliary, but the trait wouldn't appear for them.

Default Re: Potential Successor on a Client Ruler character.

Never tried it myself, but using the Potential Successor ancillary does not guarantee that the holder will become the Faction Heir for me. Often times if I want to switch the ruling branch of my faction, I have to do it while the current Faction Leader's sons are still prepubescent or I have to kill the grown sons off; and if their sons are grown, kill them too. The engine is committed to using boring ol' primogeniture.